Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its just one of those times when you start a search with something simple like "5.0 Mustang" then go off of the videos on the right that lead to other videos. Sadly i landed on this-

‪1987 Ford Mustang GT cash for clunker engine lock up‬‏ - YouTube
:no::weeps

That video might have been posted on here at one time but wow... that's just sad. What a waste of a perfect 5.0. Shame on the person who probably bought a lame Camry with the money they got from trading it in on that BS cash for clunkers :nono::nono::nono:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah...they scrap'd that motor for no good reason.

Did they drain the oil? Or just hold it at red line?

·
Registered
313 Posts
When I see people driving smart cars or hybrids...I want to jerk em out of their car and shove them under my mustang and let them smell the good stuff!

·
Registered
292 Posts
DANGGGGGGGGGGGGG i dont think you should be worried about hitting the redline in your fox body for a sec anymore lol. But sad... you almost feel for the car you know?:violin:violin:violin

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When I see people driving smart cars or hybrids...I want to jerk em out of their car and shove them under my mustang and let them smell the good stuff!
My daily driver is a Honda Fit. 36 MPG.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My daily driver is a Honda Fit. 36 MPG.
David,

I didn't mean to offend you...
and you still have fun with american muscle. I'm talking about the people that think our cars should not be on the road.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
what a crock of s##t they just ruined a good running car they should be horse whipped :winks

·
Registered
145 Posts
they added chemicals to the engine to make it weld, stuff like this seriously pisses me off:nono: and everyone can tip their hat to obama for this kind of destruction. y do you think that noone can find parts in a junk yard? because anything that went to the clunker program was melted millions of good parts that would help everyday americans like me and you were destroyed, so we would me "stimulated" to buy a new car. what did u think the stimulas package was:?: no matter if you were or were not for it we all took it in the a$$. i love my car and my country but one of them is headed to hell and my car runs fine. :winks

·
Registered
99 Posts
they added chemicals to the engine to make it weld, stuff like this seriously pisses me off:nono: and everyone can tip their hat to obama for this kind of destruction. y do you think that noone can find parts in a junk yard? because anything that went to the clunker program was melted millions of good parts that would help everyday americans like me and you were destroyed, so we would me "stimulated" to buy a new car. what did u think the stimulas package was:?: no matter if you were or were not for it we all took it in the a$$. i love my car and my country but one of them is headed to hell and my car runs fine. :winks
Well said my friend. Well said. Obama is destroying America.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bet they could'nt do that to my Hyundai,i already tried. Never understood that program. Liquid glass made junk yards millions. I hope they sacrificed that fox for a new stang.

·
Registered
480 Posts
what a shame...

several years ago at doug herbert's they found a dodge omni they couldn't pop.at their get togethers they tend to have a junk car that gets blown up... this omni was a champ... about 15 minutes into it, car was running strong, so they started putting small nuts and washers in the carburetor, then put a nitrous line from the fill bottle into it, and it just froze over.

·
Registered
575 Posts
thats almost as bad as when the stupid speed channel show blew up a gt. and they called it a jalopy to boot. I only made it 39 seconds in before i had to turn away.

·
Registered
864 Posts
+1 on the speed channel seen it and cryed and why oh why would some one do this

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It just sucks. That car had plenty of life left in it and many people would love to have that 5.0. The motor looked pretty close to stock! That car could have been donated to a racer or maybe to some kid who cant afford a fun car. But no the goverment has to blow the motor and scrap it just because its old and it dosnt get 30 mpg. And what ever you do dont search cash for clunkers on youtube lol. I saw supras, vettes, and 4.6L mustangs. :violin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea what five-ooh-love said!That was crap!Give it away.Just don't blow up a perfectly good motor.And I agree with hunter 9003.I have a different outlook how god dam tough those motors are!!!Good god

1 - 16 of 16 Posts