Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 mustang gt... So the ac line I'm talking about bolts to the ac condenser at top. Then it curves down with a rubber house then attaches to the A/C compressor. My question is that has coolant running through it?? Because I believe its leaking coolant, but didn't know the ac line had coolant running threw it?? Anyone varify this ?? Also if I replace the line will I loose my A/C , loose the refrigerant?

·
Registered
504 Posts
okay first its not coolant. its refrigernt r134a. it you take that like off with out recovering the old refergerant. you lost about 30-40 bucks in rerigerant.

and why do you suspect its leaking there.

have you done any leak testing. cheap way soapy water. next would be system dye. then a ultrasonic leak tester.

·
Registered
504 Posts
one more thing if its green around the connections. its because they put die in the system that is green most of the time. thats probly why it looks like antifreeze

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well yea it's leaking off the rubber hose piece, I've seen it bucking and well yea it's green looks just like antifreez so that's why I was puzzled about it. I wasn't sure if it was antifreeze flowing through to cool the ac compressor idiot know. Wellbit makes sense about the dye. But I got the car recharged about mre then a month ago andvit been leaking almost that long and my A/C is still cold???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.