Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. when replacing spark plugs, is it as simple as unplug, unscrew, screw in new plug and plug wire back in??

2. when removing the door panel, is it only attached by bolts or bolts and clips.

3. are live wires the best brand of wires for the mustang, or are other brands just as good.

4. if live wires are the best, are they sold at any specific auto store or do i have to order them. (checked the obvious places; pepboys, napa, etc)

5. where can i buy new clips for the radiator cover, door panel ect (would i have to go to ford for that?)

thx guys:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
1. when replacing spark plugs, is it as simple as unplug, unscrew, screw in new plug and plug wire back in??

2. when removing the door panel, is it only attached by bolts or bolts and clips.

3. are live wires the best brand of wires for the mustang, or are other brands just as good.

4. if live wires are the best, are they sold at any specific auto store or do i have to order them. (checked the obvious places; pepboys, napa, etc)

5. where can i buy new clips for the radiator cover, door panel ect (would i have to go to ford for that?)

thx guys:bigthumbsup
spark plugs should be torqued to the proper specs
there is a torx bolt under the plastic cover( need to pry off) behind the pull lever and one behind the door pull handle, and like 10 small bolts around the panel. be carefull with the lock switch it easy to bust, and the triangle for the mirror just pops off
unless your upgrading your coil, factory wires are fine
Performance Distributors - High Performance and Racing Ignition Systems
you can get the push pins at hardware stores and auto parts, though ive had trouble finding just the right sizes. i have bought some from fords( for a silly price)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx very much!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.