Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed water saturday night after racing on the floor of the passenger side back seat, right behind the passenger seat, no where else, just that part of the floor. Sunday it seemed there was more water, I busted out the wet/dry vac and dried it up as much as I could then towel dried what else I could. This morning, I noticed there was a lot of water again, I dried it up with a towel, checked underneath the car and there were no leaks, tried to lift up the carpet but it's bolted into the passenger seat belt and I didn't have time to mess with that, let alone I don't even have the tool for that. I know of no water lines, or fluid lines for that matter that might run anywhere near that, except maybe for fuel or brake lines...it smells, looks, and feels like water. Can someone please help me so I don't have to take apart the floor board back there to figure it out. I'll post pictures of it tonight, I'm sure there will be water there when I get home from work. Please help

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no rain...no sprinklers, no one playing a joke with me...does it with a/c on or off as well as the heater. the car can be parked, or it can be driven and it will still collect water there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is F-in weird man. I used to have a 1975 truck I tinkered with and one time I had a coolant leak coming in through the firewall is it possible that the leak is elsewhere and that is a low spot on the car to collect at?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Underw0rld said:
That is F-in weird man. I used to have a 1975 truck I tinkered with and one time I had a coolant leak coming in through the firewall is it possible that the leak is elsewhere and that is a low spot on the car to collect at?
We lifted up the carpet yesterday and found it it's coming from the firewall/dashboard area and collecting way at the back of the floor behind the passenger seast. So now it leaves me with an option, try and fix it myself, or take it to a dealer since it's still under warranty. I'd rather do the first choice because I really can't afford to lose my car for a week or more depending on how long the dealer decides to play with the car. But if it's something involving any money on my part, yes, it's definitely going to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.