Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am from illinois and about a week ago we got some snow. ever since then whenever my car shifts either up shift or out of overdrive i get a lot of vibration out of the rear. it feels like the way a truck would get bed hop when doing a burnout. i thought it was just the snow but now that it is dry it is still doing it. is there anything that i should check that could have come loose or broke. just looking for some suggestions

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
check your tire pressure.

·
Registered
701 Posts
green 01 said:
i am from illinois and about a week ago we got some snow. ever since then whenever my car shifts either up shift or out of overdrive i get a lot of vibration out of the rear. it feels like the way a truck would get bed hop when doing a burnout. i thought it was just the snow but now that it is dry it is still doing it. is there anything that i should check that could have come loose or broke. just looking for some suggestions
I am not sure what that could be, but do a little test:
Same speed when you have these nasty vibrations check out how the other gears are. Need to shift manually.
I doubt that it could have something to do with the tranny. More likely something with the drive shaft (bent), u-joint (worn) etc. Check that too!
I had my dealership install new u-joints; they did a lousy job! It caused lots of vibration but only between 50 and 55 mph.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do you have snow/ice packed in any of the wheels. 2 years ago when I bought mine I had some really bad vibrations too. I stopped at a gas station and kicked a big ass heavy chunk of ice off my front wheel, problem solved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.