Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it and have other Stang owners laugh at me and point, but I have No other choice. My GT is my daily driver and cannot afford a truck or a rack system. I have a 55cm Klein road bike with a standard 700c wheelset.

With the back seats down, which direction and way seems to work best getting the bike in and out? If your in the same boat as me, how do you do it? I have the Shaker 1000 subs in the trunk taking up some room as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How bout just taking the back seat right out and putting it there. I think you'd have plenty of room that way. the whole thing comes out pretty easy

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there Are racks available but I cannot Afford the funds to buy them. I'm currently Laid off work and looking, my wife works and were trying not to lose the house. Yes, I could take out the back seat, except my 8 yr old daughter sits back there. Not to mention the ricers will think I am copying them by removing it :heha:

Using the search button, I have read plenty of older posts where people are putting bikes in the trunk with the seat down. They never seem to say if they are going in from the passenger side with seat slid up and forward or through the trunk opening. What goes in first, the rear wheel or the forks? Is the sub woofer box in the way one way verses another?

Just looking for some info from other cyclists on how they do it. Of course I could just try it out and see what works. Just afraid of scratching my babies cheap plastic interior up until I find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Look into a rack that straps on to the trunk lid. eBay for $30. My kid has on for her Saturn ion. They work great and don't scratch the paint.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
434 Posts
take wheels off, slide rear in first. Down side pedal between seat and trunk ridge. handle bar facing up.
Hope the job search comes around for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look into a rack that straps on to the trunk lid. eBay for $30...
Except from my reading most of the economical ones like that won't work because of the rear spoiler. The one that fits over the trunk spoiler well is the Saris Bones 3... at $120+

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had my daughters bike in the trunk but she's 7 and I had to take the wheel off. Pretty sure if you're hell bent on getting a full adult bike in there, you'll be disassembling it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I mountain bike often and have actually put two adult bikes the wheels, helmets etc back there. You do have to take the wheels off but its not a huge deal except when you've crashed twice and ridden ten miles in 106 degree heat.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've got a Scott Speedster. Pretty average sized bike and I can fit it in sideways with the seats down if I take the front wheel off. Gotta love that trunk space :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.