Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got home today from offshore to a present on my steps ..... my noise makers lol . well like every1 said it took right at an hour to install (including picking up tools and cleanup ) cranked her up and wow yea deff nothin like the stocks .... 10 outa 10 especially the fit of them bolted right on no prob longest part was taking stocks off ......got some stock exhausts for sale if any1 is looking anyway i know its no supercharger install but ive only had the car a month, 2200 miles lol and here goes the start of an expensive addiction :hihi:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congrats on the new mod! :bigthumbsup

Now when some Honda rev his fart can at you, you can roar back at him. :hihi:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I installed these on my Mother-in-laws 07 vert. GT for christmas. She loves them. She is in her late 40s and she will still punch the go pedal on occasion. Makes me chuccle when she does it. LOL.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I've always said that the LMs are the best sounding axleback on an otherwise stock exhaust. I loved mine but had to lose them once I added headers.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i deff will be doin some reving at 3 or 4 in the morn to pay back the next door neighbor with his annoying dogs and 1905 music lol

U

·
0 Posts
I am interested in the SLP Loudmouths and have a question. Is there any welding that has to be done? I would like to install these myself and from what I have gathered there is no welding and the install is fairly simple, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Also, where is the best (and cheapest) place to purchase these? I see American Muscle has them for $339.25, which appears to be the cheapest price available, next to eBay. Thanks again!

U

·
0 Posts
Ok sweet! Thanks for clarifying.

I've been researching the LMs and have heard mixed things with regards to drone so I am kind of worried about it now. Some people say they have no drone at all, then others say it is bad and they had to remove them and switch axle backs. I've also heard that if you plan on getting certain after market pipes then the exhaust will become extremely loud and unbearable.

I like the FRPP Stingers, both the sound (from what I can gather over the Internet) and look, but I've also read where the drone on those can be unbearable to some and they had to be removed, but they are some of the best if you plan on doing other exhaust mods.

So I'm really stuck here. I like the LMs and the FRPP Stingers, but I don't know what to do. Money isn't really an issue, somewhere in the $300-$500 range. I'm more concerned about the drone and the severity of it. Recommendations?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I had drone every now and again on the highway. It didn't really bother me, but anytime I had passengers who may have been on the phone, it was impossible for them to have a conversation, and this was BEFORE the headers.

Mine may make a comeback when I switch back to shorties.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
SLP's were my fav as well. They are really loud and sounds great with stock exhaust.

U

·
0 Posts
I had drone every now and again on the highway. It didn't really bother me, but anytime I had passengers who may have been on the phone, it was impossible for them to have a conversation, and this was BEFORE the headers.

Mine may make a comeback when I switch back to shorties.
With the SLP? or the Stingers?

SLP's were my fav as well. They are really loud and sounds great with stock exhaust.
Any serious issues with the drone?

I love the SLP's and that is the route that I really want to go, but if the Stingers have a significant less drone then I would go that way for sure. My car is completely stock by the way, which is another way I am leaning towards the SLPs.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
With the SLP? or the Stingers?

Any serious issues with the drone?

I love the SLP's and that is the route that I really want to go, but if the Stingers have a significant less drone then I would go that way for sure. My car is completely stock by the way, which is another way I am leaning towards the SLPs.
honestly if there was any it did not bother me because I love to hear my exhaust roar over every thing. I wanted the louded most aggressive sound and they are the way to go if thats what you want. Way louder then the stingers but the stingers have a deeper tone at WOT were the SLP's start to get raspy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok sweet! Thanks for clarifying.

I've been researching the LMs and have heard mixed things with regards to drone so I am kind of worried about it now. Some people say they have no drone at all, then others say it is bad and they had to remove them and switch axle backs. I've also heard that if you plan on getting certain after market pipes then the exhaust will become extremely loud and unbearable.

I like the FRPP Stingers, both the sound (from what I can gather over the Internet) and look, but I've also read where the drone on those can be unbearable to some and they had to be removed, but they are some of the best if you plan on doing other exhaust mods.

So I'm really stuck here. I like the LMs and the FRPP Stingers, but I don't know what to do. Money isn't really an issue, somewhere in the $300-$500 range. I'm more concerned about the drone and the severity of it. Recommendations?
I've had the LMs with the power flo mufflers on an otherwise stock exhaust for a couple years now and love them. It did have noticible drone at about 2000rpm but: A-it didn't bother me although my wife complianed(of course she complians alot when it comes to the stang(jelous?)) B- it improved considerable over time as the exhaust burnt in. I'd say go for the LMs if you want that classic musclecar roar.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got the LMs and I love them,and constantly get compliments on them.They for sure have that classic muscle car roar.They do drone however right around 55-60 but once you get to 60 just wase up on the gas and you can't even hear it anymore ata ll.But if you drop that peddle down you'll hear it again for sure lol.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I liked my SLPs until I went with an off-road H-pipe. I can honestly say, I didn't set off any car alarms until I had the Pypes Off-road H / Flowmaster set up :bigthumbsup

If I bought a Shelby when I was at home, I was going to stick them on there

Im going to order new mufflers... just haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I got the LMs and I love them,and constantly get compliments on them.They for sure have that classic muscle car roar.They do drone however right around 55-60 but once you get to 60 just wase up on the gas and you can't even hear it anymore ata ll.But if you drop that peddle down you'll hear it again for sure lol.
stingers are the exact same way. I dont think there is a way of avoiding drone unless you get corsa, which cost like $750-800

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just got mine from brenspeed cost 339.95 plus 3.00 shipping got them in 3 days packing was super lots of foam to protect them and it's not a bad place to get your cai and tune from next

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got mine off of lmperformance.com shipped for 298.00 got them in 2 days later

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
They were sounding good last night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.