Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I love it, it has that deep muscle car sound I was looking for and no drone! It has a nice burble at idle with a little cackle added when you get on it and a roar at WOT. It isn’t as loud as the Pype Bombs (especially from inside the car), but is loud enough and the tone is perfect.

The install only took about 2 hours in the driveway. However, I recommend using a lift if you can because the mid pipes are long and difficult to remove and install on jack stands. I had to push pretty hard to get the passenger side mid pipe to slide between the gas tank and drive shaft which wouldn’t have been necessary with a lift. Even though the instructions say you don’t have to take the hangers out, I couldn’t get the factory mid pipes to pull out of the clamps far enough to remove the old system, so I removed the factory hangers and reinstalled them with the new system. I had to do very little to get the tips to line up properly in the rear valance.

I’ve had Pype Bombs on my car since Christmas, but never really liked the sound. It always sounded a little trumpety, didn’t have the deep sound I was looking for, and had pretty bad drone between 1800 and 2100. The Pype Bombs are a little louder than the Roush Extreme, but most of that increased volume was from inside the car which was bad for my daily driver. Also, I could never get the Pype Bombs to line up well in the rear valance

Here is the system on Roush's website (part #403936) ROUSH Performance: ROUSH® Ford Mustang GT Extreme Performance Exhaust Kit

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Congrats! I looked at this a few times when i was doing exhaust work on my car. Are you gonna put up a video soon?

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
cool, looks great!

wow, it looks like that system had just a small resonator in the mid-pipe and no muffler?

I'm amazed it isn't loud as armagedon (sp?) . . . you mentioned your car is a daily driver and it is drone free; what about the volume at highway cruise, intrusive or not?

I am running Magnaflows right now but they are a bit too quiet, someday want to switch to something a little louder, but since my stang is my DD I don't want any drone and not too loud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! I looked at this a few times when i was doing exhaust work on my car. Are you gonna put up a video soon?
I took some video of idle and rev with both the Pybe Bombs and Roush Extreme, but the sound quality doesn't do them justice. But, I'll see if I can get something posted.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, looks great!

wow, it looks like that system had just a small resonator in the mid-pipe and no muffler?

I'm amazed it isn't loud as armagedon (sp?) . . . you mentioned your car is a daily driver and it is drone free; what about the volume at highway cruise, intrusive or not?

I am running Magnaflows right now but they are a bit too quiet, someday want to switch to something a little louder, but since my stang is my DD I don't want any drone and not too loud.
The volume is good at highway cruise, you can hear a little rumble from the rear of the car (and more when you get on it), but it isn't intrusive at all. The Pype Bombs were intrusive at highway cruise and made long trips a little tiring.

The big difference is exactly what Roush says, most of the sound goes out the tail pipe. It's strange that most of the axle backs put a lot of sound in the middle of the car and the mid-muffler (resonator) puts most of the sound behind the car.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Sounds good don't it.......... Once they get broke it more, the sound gets even better. :bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts