Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got delivery of all my new parts. Trick flow heads, cam, upper/lower intake, lifters, 190lph fuel pump, 24lb injectors, 75mm throttle body and egr plate, lakewood upper/lower control arms, powertrax diff, subframe connectors, 3/4" lowering springs, shocks/struts, aluminum drive shaft, king cobra clutch, t56 trans, front/rear swaybars, flowtech longtube headers, electric cutouts, MIL eliminators, flywheel, MAF and the motor just had a fresh rebuild about 3k miles ago. and thats about it for now, ill probably be ordering more stuff in the next 2 weeks, just gotta check the piggy bank. just cant wait to see how crazy this thing is gonna be!!!!, by the way its a 93 gt hatch

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it does have cats and im planning on taking them off so the check engine light will come on. i need th eliminators to turn it off

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
[QUOTE='95.0 stang]I could be wrong but I think that only applies to OBDII cars, which are 96 and newer.[/QUOTE]

This is what I understand as well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh well, ill send em back, no biggie, i thought if u took the cats off any car u woul need them, plus when i ordered them it included 93 as one of the years it can be used on, maybe it was a typo

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Mil eliminators arent needed on fox bodies. Period.

Congradulations on the parts you need to install. It's painful everyday to see those parts just sitting there.

I recently made a guide for installing heads and cam w/ intake swap. Check it out.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/techarticles/headcamintakeswap.pdf
It's in adobe acrobat format.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
jbspeed86 said:
i thought if u took the cats off any car u woul need them, plus when i ordered them it included 93 as one of the years it can be used on, maybe it was a typo
I think that's only true for O2s which are mounted after the cats, I guess they're there solely to moniter the effectiveness of the cats.
Happy wrenching!:cool:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ghostdog, that was a good read, thanx. now i know exactly what to expect when im workin on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JB- You noted a fresh rebuild. What was put into the rebuild? I'm looking to do a head/cam upgrade this winter but can't get any feedback on what will bolt on to a stock block. Everything I've read, it tells me I have to change/notch the piston for aftermarket heads for plug clearance. Did you change your pistons? Got any recommendations?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it depends on how big of a cam you plan on using. i got the stage one cam from TFS and TFS heads and they dont require any mods. I had the rebuild done through my teacher from when i went to vocational school and he set me up with all forged internals. just go to google or something and type in something like "mustang head install" ive done this to get an exact idea of what i will be doing this way there is almost no chance of running into problems in the process, and nothing that i have come accross says anything about notching pistons. again you only need to worry about that if you are using a pretty large cam. the cam i got is not an all out racing cam, i will be using this car on the street and i want to be able to enjoy it on the street also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for sending me in the right direction. I was reading an article in MM&FF on APR's 185cc install. Didn't note what cam they were using.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.