Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok on the way to work this morning i'm coming down the highway and theres this hooked up loud trans am. And he's trying to mess with me. To much traffic until we hit this open 3 lane road off the exit of the hightway. I was in front of him and so i'm like fine i hit it and no prob he pulled me and smoked right by me. his car was hooked up. So at the light we stop side by side we were both cool i gave him the thumbs up and asked him what he had. He said long tubes Slp catback Nitro kit and some more stuff i'm sure. I don't think he spayed on me i don't think he needed to now maybe he did. But i bet not he had me with out i bet. His car was one of the nicest Trans Ams i've seen it was like a 99 i think could of been even a 98 or 2000 somewhere around there. Anyway don't fool yourselfs guys are Mustangs will get spanked by these Trans Ams. So gave the dude all the props and told him nice car. Bottum line it's not driving skill here it's call more power and them things are a BEAST.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Like i wrote on a different post, my buddy has a 01 SS (LS1 motor 325HP)
and when we race at track or on street i pull on him up until about 65 70 mph or when i shift into 3rd gear. he runs 13.4 1/4 stock... but exhaust. i have some decent mods on mine, i bet if you were on a stand still you would have pulled on him.... mustangs tend to have better lower end power. thats why at track you see a mustang owning camaro.. and times come up and its like SS 13.5 mustang 14.0
hehe
sadly anyhow... but i will be first to admit they are quick.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i hit it at a roll of like 45 and he had the upper hand in HP at higher speed. Plus i run out of gear fast with 4.10's. It would of been closer off the line but either way he would have me. I just have to bow to it and take my spanking like a man. So i told him nice car and we were both cool about it. And also at least it's in the same family of muscle. if it would of been rice i would of been really pissed.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Haha for real. I am down with anything aslong as its no IMPORT RICERs lol

G

·
Yes those things are wickeed fast. I beat a 98+ 6 speed before at the track, cuz he missed a shift..gotta love autos sometimes! :evillol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i had ws6's were that bad, never even looked into em, but i did see one on the way home from work this afternoon and i was going to mess with him, kinda glad i didnt lol

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I had a 02 SS ,glued to my bumper from 30 to 70 , he would have easily passed me ,but we had one lane!
Im floored ,and he was probably on and off the gas ,so he did not bump me!:weeps

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Don't see a lot of American performance cars around here. Big assortment of Carreras, Mercedes, the usual M3's, etc. Nobody wants to play...

G

·
meatball said:
Don't see a lot of American performance cars around here. Big assortment of Carreras, Mercedes, the usual M3's, etc. Nobody wants to play...

when u gonna get some track times with that blower and etc?

G

·
Kevin, when are you ever gonna learn to not mess with those big bad LS1's. You need some spray or a blower to keep up with/kill em.

G

·
Mana4Real said:
Kevin, when are you ever gonna learn to not mess with those big bad LS1's. You need some spray or a blower to keep up with/kill em.
I think someone needs to change their signature now. :rollgrin:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yesterday leaving work i was messing with my buddy in his SS so we where in First gear and going like 20mph.... and he as a little ahead rollin so i kinda went faster to catch up so when we hit it i started pulling on him until i forgot we were already rolling and i was spooled up so my car hit the revlimiter and he started to pass then i hit 2nd and i came closer to him then we let go .... red light lol =) but if i was quicker to look at my tach and notice it was at like 4grand already lol

then maybe he might not have been so quick to leave me behind.... i know we would have spanked me on upper end.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey check this guys what a great weekend for a few races. Well as you know i got spanked by are good friend of Muscle Trans-Am.

Anyway Saturday night. I have a EVO in the lane next to me and we weave in and out of trffic a bit. his EVO was hooked up and bit. Anway we hit a light and stop well he's behind me. reving. So i'm thinking ok at a stop i have good low end and have 4.10's and i'm not going down twice in 2 days and deffintly not to a freaking rice. So anyway. Light turn and BAM i drop the hammer and slitly feather the clutch so i don't spin to hard. And man i crack 3rd gear chirrrrrrppppp and i'm looking in my mear and i'm just pulling on him and he's folling behind more and more. And i hear him reving hi to stay close but i was pulling him.
Anyway. We get to the next light and he pulls beside me in the 2 left turn lanes and we chat for a sec he had some stuff on there air shifter intake stuff like that. And he's says he really like my exhaust not i was like thanks. I guess you did like hearing it roar at you from behind my pipes.
Anyway it felt good knowing you win some and loose some and i know the EVO's are quick i just had him from low end and i think i just really out drove him and shifted better to get the pull on him like i did. And of course i aint going out to no RICE forget about it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mana4Real said:
Shhhhh :sterb:
whats up mana....its been a while since i have seen u post....hope all is good....whats this business about changing sig's....did u mod some more, or got rid of your stang....i hope its the first choice.....

G

·
enorbit3 said:
whats up mana....its been a while since i have seen u post....hope all is good....whats this business about changing sig's....did u mod some more, or got rid of your stang....i hope its the first choice.....

Hahhah just kidding Mana. Ill let u tell them when u feel the time is right. :gringreen

G

·
enorbit3 said:
I don't want to highjack his thread. But basically things aren't working out right now financially along with a few other things. I had to dump the stang. But it's for a good reason. I'm going back to school. After I'm done with school, I'll be able to get whatever the hell I want. Maybe by then they'll have something better then a GT500. You guys are gonna hate me when you hear what I got though... I got an SRT-4. Costs so much less per month then the stang ($300 less)... But damn I miss her. I already killed a couple of stangs with it too ;)... It's not fast outta the hole, but once you get it above 3k it hauls a$$. Stock for stock I'd say it's faster then a 99 to 04 GT... I know you guys hate to hear it, but I believe it is. I'll take it to the track when it cools down to let you guys know what it runs. Trust me, I wish I still had the stang. But sometimes you gotta make the grown up decision no matter how much you don't want to.

·
Registered
436 Posts
listen Mana....its all good, u did what u had to do and i know you would have kept the stang if u could.....i just cant believe u got an SRT4.:confused: :what: ...wow, i was shocked and had to read that line twice.....either way, u take care of school and handle business that way the money will just fall into your lap....i'm a student myself and i'm barely squeaking by, but i know the big reward is to come after this initial struggle.....your still good in my book, even without the stang:thumbsup

now, back to the thread...i've had a few run ins with the late model camaro's, like 99-04ish models and they have all ended badly for me....i need more power to run with those LS1's...or to atleast have my gears installed.....

G

·
Mana4Real said:
I don't want to highjack his thread. But basically things aren't working out right now financially along with a few other things. I had to dump the stang. But it's for a good reason. I'm going back to school. After I'm done with school, I'll be able to get whatever the hell I want. Maybe by then they'll have something better then a GT500. You guys are gonna hate me when you hear what I got though... I got an SRT-4. Costs so much less per month then the stang ($300 less)... But damn I miss her. I already killed a couple of stangs with it too ;)... It's not fast outta the hole, but once you get it above 3k it hauls a$$. Stock for stock I'd say it's faster then a 99 to 04 GT... I know you guys hate to hear it, but I believe it is. I'll take it to the track when it cools down to let you guys know what it runs. Trust me, I wish I still had the stang. But sometimes you gotta make the grown up decision no matter how much you don't want to.
Sorry man i didnt know if u wanted to keep it a secret or not! :nogrinner You did the right thing for your situation. At leasts its american even tho it is wrong wheel drive:) And u could still whip my ass so its all good. After my stang is paid off and is faster hopefully..i am gonna get a 4 cylinder american FWD forced induction car. The saturn Ion redline. I love those things!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is this APRIL FOOLS or what? Mana are freaking kidding me. You went American rice oh my oh my oh my in deed. I hate to say it your killing me hear bro i never thought this could happen to you. I do hope things work out and all. Good luck with school. And again hope things are getting better for you soon.

BUTT BRO ARE FREAKING KIDDING ME. Ahhhhh mannnnnnn a major blow to the STANG family. Well i'll admit i'm looking at maybe getting a Z06. But a SRT Hmmmmmm WOW i'm shocked.

Guess it could of been worse like getting a Honda or something. Oh well good luck.
I'm going to hold a rest in piece for you. And i'm going to go find me a SRT to eat up in your memory.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.