Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
05 Bumper soft spot

On my front grill...right below the fog lights, there seems to be a little gap!:eyebulge:
No just one side but the oother to. I can push it down, and it seems like it need to be attacthed back on....heres a pick of were the gaps r(not my car)
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2387/461b9ld.jpg

r ur GT's like this to??

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Have not noticed, will check tomali and let you know if no-one else replies before...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a 2005 GT, and I have noticed that in those spots the bumper seems a little weak. I can push my finger in those spots, and it will give a little. But when I let up, the top of the bumper is straight. I know this because after a car wash, those spots hold water, and I push in on them just a little to let the water run out. But the bumper always flexes back. I understand that the bumper is held on by some screws and latches, but not much else. Maybe something is not attached all the way.

2005 GT Torch Red
IUP/ Dark Charcoal
Bullit Wheels
GT350 Rocker Stripes
Locking gas cap

·
Registered
816 Posts
Look inside under the radiator cover (yes, ya gotta take it off!) and waaaay down at the bottom of the grill you can see the tabs that the grill attaches to on the bumper. Check to see that the grill tabs are through the attaching points on the bumper, otherwise you will have gaps between the bumper and grill. Just a thought. :wavey

·
Registered
6 Posts
GAP, and I don't mean the store...

I think I know what you're talking about. I don't really notice it when looking at my car, but after washing my car I notice that water seems to collect in the gap between the grill and the bumper and I can never get all the water with the towel when drying the car off. If you can really notice it (and I couldn't looking at the picture of your GT) and it bothers you, have the dealership look at it the next time you stop in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts