Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I went into town to grab some detailing stuff from AutoZone and I had stopped at McDonalds on my way back home. Well, when I went to pull out of the McDonalds lot, I was almost hit by a little Black Cobalt with a big ol PizzaHut sign on top of it. I thought, wtf! Pizza isn't that important. So I pulled out of McDonalds and headed towards my turn, unfortunately, at the intersection of my turn, I couldn't make it into the turning lane from my position so I figured I would just go around the longer way... Well, I pulled into the empty far lane and right there at the front next to me was the Pizza boy :hihi: I was still pissed at him almost hitting me, so I gave him a friendly 'honk' and pointed straight ahead. He nodded and revved his Cobalt.

Right here my first thought was "What the heck have I gotten myself into?"

His little car ROARED at that intersection and reverberated off of the surrounding buildings and I thought, Greeeat... the Pizza boy has a modified Cobalt.. I'm screwed. (it was a Cobalt LS btw. I noticed some fancy exhaust work, NOT a fart can :hihi: He had what looked to be 17inch Kšnig wheels and some pretty aggressive looking rubber, plus god knows what else)

So anyway, we've got this wide open four lane stretch ahead of us and as soon as I saw the turning lane light go yellow, I got ready to launch. This guy is already laughing at me because he knows I've got an Auto and he's got a stick. So when that light went green, I launched as best as I could and we both took off with about the same force. He kept up with me for the most part, in fact there were a few seconds that I was keeping up with him :hihi: but once we hit 50 I started to pull ahead and kept pulling little by little until I hit about 70-ish(I had maybe a car length on him) and shut her down quick. He flew by me and honked his horn, and then made a quick right to ,I suppose, deliver his pizza in 30 minutes or less :hihi:

I won this "race" but I must say that I am incredibly impressed with that little Cobalt. I can only image what the verdict would've been had I challenged a Cobalt SS.:happyhapp

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I keep hearing the SS challenges the SRT-4, so does that mean it would be a match for a '05 GT?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Wow! Cool run!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
I keep hearing the SS challenges the SRT-4, so does that mean it would be a match for a '05 GT?
the SS-supercharged beats the SRT4 in handling. It could take the 99-04 if the driver is bad. It sould definitely take a pre-99 GT.

The regular SS isn't much of a problem . . .

I'll have to take that back!

The SS-SC is a low 14 sec car. It's factory underrated by about 20%.

G

·
kscoyote said:
the SS-supercharged beats the SRT4 in handling. It could take the 99-04 if the driver is bad. It sould definitely take a pre-99 GT.

The regular SS isn't much of a problem . . .

I'll have to take that back!

The SS-SC is a low 14 sec car. It's factory underrated by about 20%.

Same platform as the Saturn Ion Redline. I like that little car. I was gonna get one when the stang was paid off, but i think ill be getting a WS6 then :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Nope, smoked a pansy in one the other day...
During my lunch break...

He had more faith in his GM than was justified....

·
Registered
63 Posts
SS's aren't a match for the '05 GT... they run a low 14 (as previously mentioned)

I hang out on an SS board 'cause I know a few people have them... they actually NON-delusional, it's pretty nice. Every once in a while somebody comes on to say they smoked an SRT or GT and the response is pretty uniform

1) SRT: maybe... but other guy shoulda won. good kill though
2) Pre-99 GT: Not a big suprise, good run
3) 99-04 GT: Maybe... driver's race. GT has an edge from a dig. Good kill
4) Bullit/Mach: Are you sure? other guy shoulda won, good kill
5) '05 GT: "I'm sorry, it was a 6", "No it wasn't, I RULE!", "No you don't, it has about a second on your 1/4 mile, sorry but I call BS"

It not even me calling the BS... usually a guy with a redline or another guy with a modded SS running high 13's

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Cobalt SS S/C only makes 205 horses. So I doubt that its any competition for the SRT-4.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
The Cobalt SS S/C only makes 205 horses. So I doubt that its any competition for the SRT-4.
depends on the year. they go anywhere from 218-260 hp.

G

·
From everything I've read an SRT-4 should beat a cobalt SS... I haven't had a chance to run up against one. My SRT is pretty much stock. K&N filter & motor mount inserts. I removed my AGP wastegate actuator tonight because I am sick of part throttle boost crap. So now it's gonna be slow, I didn't drive it yet though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.