Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have many reasons on why but yesterday im cruising at 47 in my daily (2000 eclipse) and i hear your typical 4.6 with magnaflow ROAR slamming gears going nowhere.... then i realized ooohhhh hes trying to pass me cus his lane is ending so i slowed and let him pass... THEN I saw him at the next light took his doors/soul with me..... also ive raced against my friend driving the mitsu in my 83 5.0 and he couldn't touch me. So, I am really hoping for the 4.6's sake that he was just a TERRIBLE driver

·
Registered
478 Posts
honestly thats what i think it was because in mine ive taken out a 99 vette no problem:yup:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
First of all wrong section.

Second, not even sure what message your trying to convey with this post.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah, the only thing that comes to mind with any stock Eclipse is slow and slower... the V6 GT makes 205 hp and there is no way a paltry 4 banger would take any Mustang GT, let alone a 2000 4.6 PI motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, the only thing that comes to mind with any stock Eclipse is slow and slower... the V6 GT makes 205 hp and there is no way a paltry 4 banger would take any Mustang GT, let alone a 2000 4.6 PI motor.
this is my point sir the but i have the v6 gt elcipse no 4cyl for me. and i did dust that v8 2000 mustang gt with no problems i doubt the 5th gen would lose but that fourth gen mustang to me is a disappointment after this happening several times including with my 86 nissan 300zx and 84 mustang gt i swear this

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
oh, I'm sure the 4.6 crowd will come to their own defense, even a blind driver with 260hp can beat 205, I wouldn't even waste gas(or alcohol...hee hee) on you if you see me on the street

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Just out of curiosity ....
You say you're a 5.0 guy but yet your avatar flashes 351 Driver why :?:

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I went 13.89 @ 100 in my stock 99 GT on stock tires back in the day. V6 eclipses don't usually run quicker than 13.8.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wouldn't laugh at any 4.6L. Just like 5.0s they have lots and lots of potential. If you want to laugh at a motor then just laugh at a chevy 305 :hihi:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Dude, He must of just been playing with you,
I walked modded 5.0's
and modded v6's 4cyl's Eclipses all the time over here,

·
Registered
985 Posts
this is my point sir the but i have the v6 gt elcipse no 4cyl for me. and i did dust that v8 2000 mustang gt with no problems i doubt the 5th gen would lose but that fourth gen mustang to me is a disappointment after this happening several times including with my 86 nissan 300zx and 84 mustang gt i swear this
v6 Eclispe have like 200 hp [ New Ones ] , a v6 Eclispe? VS a Mustang Gt, ? That alone is funny, It was probly a monkey driving that car, Or he was just having fun [ Like all of us ] and you just took it serious and gunned it while he took off normal wondering what the hell you were doing,
300zx arent that fast either !, I beat a modded one, [ Kill Stories Forum ] , 84 5.0? I had a 86 5.0, They are fun yes, but compared to the PI Engines, No challange at all bro !, Smh

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Anything can happen on the streets. I've seen slower cars beat faster. I've owned a 95GT and stock it's not the fastest thing though. After some mods and such, it was. But it wouldn't even be close to beating my current 4.6liter. My 05GT with a 4.6 would have walked away from my 5.0 too, unless i sprayed it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts