Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work tonight and as I am accelerating up the freeway onramp I lose 3rd gear at 3200 on the tach. I push in the clutch and try 4th all I got was more R's and no go. So I pull over to the side of the onramp scratch my head and push in the clutch again but this time in 1st. I have 1st so I try 2nd. I got 2nd and try 3rd and nothing happens no drop in R's no moving, I try 4th and get the same thing. I got dropped R's in 5th and finally I tried reverse and I got that. So my question is WTF happend to 3rd and 4th? I try not to beat on my car too much as it is the only car I have and parts ain't cheap. I have 184k miles on the original tranny. Could it be that she has sung her last song and it is time for a new tranny? Please help!!!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Non world class transmissions are the weakest transmissions you can put behind a 302. Even the world class T5 is very sensitive to hard drive and can easily break with stcok horsepower/torque.

Sounds like you need to upgrade to atleast a worldclass t5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What years cover the World Class T-5's? 85 and up? Anyone know where I can get one fairly cheap around the San Francisco / Sacramento area? I don't want to put a brand new $1200 tranny into a car that blue books for the same.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
5.0_Snipah said:
What years cover the World Class T-5's? 85 and up? Anyone know where I can get one fairly cheap around the San Francisco / Sacramento area? I don't want to put a brand new $1200 tranny into a car that blue books for the same.
Check the local trader, maybe ask the guys at the local speed shops, chances are one of them is into 'Stangs.
I think '90 and later are the best fox T5s - if you can get a used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.