Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like this has to start with this: I am not making light of anyone who is having a problem with their car. There, that being said, I LOVE MY 2011 MUSTANG 5.0!!!!!!!!! This car amazes me every time I drive it. If I'm having a bad day at work it never comes home with me because it all goes away on the drive home. I love the way the drivers seat feels, a little stiff but still comfortable. The fit and finish of the interior is in no way perfect but it is leaps and bounds better than many others. The engine, seriously, do I even need to go there? Now here it comes.....the tranny. I personally love my transmission. It is not perfect but honestly I have never found the perfect transmission. It works, shifts firmly and I personally have no issues with it. Again, just as a reminder before you flame me please read the first sentence. This car is everything I wanted and more and I cant wait to drive her cross country this summer and for years to come!!! If you love your Stang please tell us about it.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I'm very happy for you as well as me. I could write the very same paragraph and I have. Just forget the future flame disclaimers. There are some real jerks on this board that are going to find fault in everything no matter how positive it is. Just go on being happy and ignore them! Congrats!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have had my car for about a month and completely get your post. As far as seats go, I have driven in 100's of cars and never experienced the way these seats feel. It is as comfortable as can be for me. I am headed on a one month eastern seaboard Mustang road trip. Just me and the car visiting family and friends everwhere. Come to think of it, maybe I will make a daily photo-journal along the way. Keep loving your car and make the trip..........

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have to agree 100%. Truly in love with my 5.0. Makes my day, everyday!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glad to see other happy owners out there. I have '11 GT Premium with Brembo, and after 12,000 miles, I am more pleased with the car now than the day I drove off the lot. It is the most fun, engaging car to drive I've experienced. I have learned nuances of the MT-82 that make it a pleasure (always liked it, but find it responds to finesse more than manhandling). The steering is precise and weighted nicely, the ride is taut but comfortable, and the shifting and clutch are slick and engaging. Maybe we are lucky---but this car is the most enjoyable I've owned.

Thanks for the post---it is encouraging to see other good experiences among all the negativity that all product forums attract.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lovin it

I have been saving money since I was 8 years old to buy a mustang. Finally at age 19 I purchased a 6 speed 2012 Kona Blue Mustang 3.7L v6 as my first car. Looks great, sounds great, drives great, and best of all it puts a smile on anyone's face who gets in it.

Happy driving guys :bigthumbsup
Phil

·
Registered
357 Posts
I LOVE MY STANG TOO !!!
Would you believe I just bought my 2012 Premium as "a convertible with a trunk to hold my clubs" but I quickly became a big time MUSTANG ENTHUSIAST.
I just LOVE how it gets three or four compliments PER DAY, how it feels, how I feel I am "Strapping it on" when I belt in.
It jst looks aand feels SO GREAT !
I now take it to cruise-ins I used to take the 1931 Cabriolet to.:bounce2:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had my car for about a month and completely get your post. As far as seats go, I have driven in 100's of cars and never experienced the way these seats feel. It is as comfortable as can be for me. I am headed on a one month eastern seaboard Mustang road trip. Just me and the car visiting family and friends everwhere. Come to think of it, maybe I will make a daily photo-journal along the way. Keep loving your car and make the trip..........
I do plan on a photo-journal on the trip. I have made the trip the past 3 summers and never bothered but with the new Mustang I think its a great idea. When are you going on your trip? Maybe we will cross paths.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I love my 5.0 and feel that yes the car is very best I've ever owned, its my dream car.... yes you can't force the car into gear. You must play it like an instrument! If you want a car where you can just force the car to shift into any gear then try a ford focus, the shifter can find its sweet spot in the dark! I know because I own a 2006 Ford Focus! Now I'm going to just enjoy my car and drive with confidence!:laughlitt

·
Registered
461 Posts
Absolutely happy with my mustang purchase. I look forward to driving it home from work, from home to work, or just to the corner store. I do have the auto, but still love it and get more thumbs up from people than I actually thought I would. funny though, they do on the slick, like they dont want others to see them complimenting the car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thumbs UP

Had been away from Ford for many years, but, they have stepped up their game. I traded an 09 Accord Coupe EX-L 2.4/M5 for the Mustang. Fit and finish is EVERY BIT as good as Honda(it was my third Honda).

Biggest difference between the 2 is ride quality and lack of road noise, that I can report on after only a week of driving. In terms of performance, we don't even need to go there.

I was concerned about giving up some MPG to the 2.4/M5 combo in the Accord, but on the first tank(highway MPG), it was about the same. We will see how this MPG holds up with more miles and city driving mixed in........And to answer some who say" You don't buy a Mustang for MPG" I say YES I DO......We'll see how things hold up after I get more miles............

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Glad to see other happy owners out there. I have '11 GT Premium with Brembo, and after 12,000 miles, I am more pleased with the car now than the day I drove off the lot. It is the most fun, engaging car to drive I've experienced. I have learned nuances of the MT-82 that make it a pleasure (always liked it, but find it responds to finesse more than manhandling). The steering is precise and weighted nicely, the ride is taut but comfortable, and the shifting and clutch are slick and engaging. Maybe we are lucky---but this car is the most enjoyable I've owned.

Thanks for the post---it is encouraging to see other good experiences among all the negativity that all product forums attract.
I couldn't agree more with your comments about using finess rather than trying to use force to shift gears. The transmission is very smooth and precise when driven accordingly.
I am glad the OP created this thread to show that there are some of us on this forum that actually appreciate the car for what it is and was intended to be.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
:nicethread

I am more or less beside myself over my 2012.

I traded in a super nice 2009 V6 Premium which I can't say enough good things about for a 2012 GT. I loved everything about the old car or I wouldn't have bought another one but I can't believe the refinements they've made to the current cars... it feels more like ten model years ahead instead of just three.

The only thing I'm upset about is there isn't a page in the owner's manual that tells me how to drive around without smiling like an idiot all the time. :laugh:

Had been away from Ford for many years, but, they have stepped up their game. I traded an 09 Accord Coupe EX-L 2.4/M5 for the Mustang. Fit and finish is EVERY BIT as good as Honda(it was my third Honda).
PS Like Lenny I had 3 Hondas in a row before trying Ford again... I was shocked the 2009 Mustang was actually quieter than the Accord that preceded it and had more comfortable seats. Also, unlike the Accord, nothing at all broke on the Mustang. The Accord had several issues including... a failed transmission.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
This is exactly the thread I needed at the moment. I have a 2012 GT that should be on a big boat sailing across the Atlantic to Germany in the next few weeks. I've been doing the "I want my car, but maybe I should change my mind" thing for several weeks now. I just decided that life is way too short to not have what I really want. I have a garage full of parts and pieces and don't even have the car yet.

Thanks for keeping me on-track fellas. I only started coming here for the pictures and hopes of finding people really enjoying these rides. It's certainly refreshing to find those that are having fun.

To those of you taking the road trips and thinking of doing the picture log thing...please do it. Right now I'm living vicariously through you. Again, thanks!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is a great thread!

I look forward to the commute home everyday and can't wait for a cross state road trip in July. I've never wanted to just be in my car more. Great ride!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is exactly the thread I needed at the moment. I have a 2012 GT that should be on a big boat sailing across the Atlantic to Germany in the next few weeks. I've been doing the "I want my car, but maybe I should change my mind" thing for several weeks now. I just decided that life is way too short to not have what I really want. I have a garage full of parts and pieces and don't even have the car yet.

Thanks for keeping me on-track fellas. I only started coming here for the pictures and hopes of finding people really enjoying these rides. It's certainly refreshing to find those that are having fun.

To those of you taking the road trips and thinking of doing the picture log thing...please do it. Right now I'm living vicariously through you. Again, thanks!:bigthumbsup
I will make sure to take plenty of pictures on my trip from California to Maine and post them in a thread. I'm happy to see that this thread put your mind at ease. Trust me when you get your car you will love it, I have had mine over 6 months and I still walk outside sometimes just to look at it and I find myself running to the store for anything my wife needs just to drive it. Congrats on your purchase, please post some pics when she gets to you.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Seriously. After reading all the hate threads, I love seeing one like this. And I agree, I only have like 350 miles on my car, but it's amazing and I'm loving it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.