Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share something that happened Sat. Well, I just got off work and was pulling up on the on ramp to the 4-lane bypass. Now I have not street raced since my younger, stupid days, 15 years ago. Anyway I'm minding my own business, giving my signal to merge when I see an 02-04 Vette coming up the passing lane.
I have always been a fan of the Vettes but usually not the drivers. This was one of those drivers, early 20's, running on daddy's money, with his blonde girlfreind in the passenger seat. Anyway as soon as he gets to my door he clutches and revs his motor trying to show off for his chick.Of course theres traffic in front of me so I cant go anywhere.
I ease over behind him and he drops a gear and gets on it. I decide I need to put this kid in his place so I press off the overdrive and get into the gas. Well being an automatic with a Paxton huffing under the hood, she kicks down pretty hard. The back tires loose a little traction then the nose rises and I'm on the little Vettes behind . He lets off and slows up again and drops a gear again trying to pull away.
This time I get on it good again and stay about 2ft from his rear bumping the throttle trying to get him to go. Of course he has nothing left and cant pull away. We finally clear traffic in both lanes so I pull over to the slow lane and pull up beside him. Heres the best thing, I look over and he wont even look at me, but his girlfreind looks and winks at me, ha,ha. I then just give a wave and pull away to go home. I could have bought just about any sports car I wanted but I love the satisfaction when the little ole $20k Mustangs toast and embarrass a $40k+ car.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Nice, I race them at the track and it is great when you blow them away. I personally would of just pulled over to the girls side and winked at her and waved BYE Bye.:wavey

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Great story, it's fun being the underdog and blowing them away.

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Supercharger return line AGAIN! The drain fitting is cracked :frustrated:
Wow it is like Bigwillys gremilins came to visit you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love my Mustang, but I've also owned two Corvettes. I'm fan of both. A Camaro on the other hand. I've never understood those. The Mustang is always a better value new and a 2 year old Corvette always costs the same as a new Camaro.

That said, there are definitely some toys on the Corvette that are worth the extra $20k! (Better handling at high speeds, gas mileage, higher top speed, better braking, weight distribution, active handling system, better overall ride quality, and the reliability that comes from not having to add extensive mods like forced induction.)

·
Banned
696 Posts
Nothing I love more than beating a car that costs more than the total amount I have invested in this car (including the car).....................

..............then telling the driver that tried to throw down that I was only running low boost. It's always fun when the ladies get involved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.