Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so the other day i was parking my gt when i heard a faint taping or knocking and now im worried i have a rod knock...... ugh fml......
anyway im taking it to wicked motorsports in a few hours to let Kevin hear the noise. If its the rods do any of you guys have an idea what a motor should run me? Im looking for a pi motor i'll also need a new trans as mine is on its way out to begin with. I never run this car really hard with the exception of when i first got it running right and that wasnt even as hard as i think it could have ran.
anyway cars to much fun to walk away from if it is a rod knock if anyone has a motor and trans siting around in good working order hit me up and well talk lets just hope its not a knock:cursing:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Def let them look at it and hopefully they are trust worthy. There are several things that can sound like a knock or people think it's a knock and it's not. If you get a good used PI motor on ebay, could be around 500-1000 bucks, depending on year and miles.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Def let them look at it and hopefully they are trust worthy. There are several things that can sound like a knock or people think it's a knock and it's not. If you get a good used PI motor on ebay, could be around 500-1000 bucks, depending on year and miles.
consider your options here.....you could get the pi motor for 500-100 bucks or fork out an ectra grand or two and get a 96 -98 cobra motor. If you have 8k to spend then get a termi motor, some even sell for 8 with the tranny attached. good luck

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I've seen Terminator motors sell from $3K-4K. With engine, tranny and wiring harness, around $8K. Just depends on how much money the op has to spend. I know what i would do though :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank god its not a rod knock!
just the tranny i knew its on its way out so no bigie pluse its not even a issue right now still works just makes a few sounds lol.
i would love to put a termi motor in it but out of my budget and im working on my restomod 68 coupe so gota keep my money going that way.
probly just pi swap it or if i find a good deal on a cobra motor i'll go that route

1 - 5 of 5 Posts