Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon 2nd glance at my 12 GT owner's manual I read that the car has a computer controlled starting system that if necessary it keeps cranking the car even after I release the key? I did not know that? I guess I haven't seen it work yet since every time I turn the key the motor immediately starts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I found that out by accident the other day, and I thought:cooldude:

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turn your key and let go quick and you can hear it.
I tried that just for a test, but the motor is running the instant the starter engages. Maybe once it's passed 500 miles it'll take a second to start and I'll see it, but right now it's just too quick.

·
Registered
459 Posts
One touch start is nice... I haven't held down the key to start it in a very long time. It's hilarious getting into cars that don't have it. I just release the key as soon it touches start and the motor dies on the spot lol. Nifty feature that I definitely like.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I noticed that this winter when cranking on one of our sub-zero days. Scared me at first, as Im use to hearing the starter give up when I let back on the key.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If you drive a manual, let off the clutch and the starter will stop…

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
I found this out two, my finger slipped off the key and it kept turning over. Scared the brown out of me the before I figured out what was going on. :kooky:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here is another neat trick if you haven't noticed - you can raise your windows even after you shut off the car and take the key out of the ignition, just don't open the door until they're completely closed.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Here is another neat trick if you haven't noticed - you can raise your windows even after you shut off the car and take the key out of the ignition, just don't open the door until they're completely closed.
This must be your first Mustang.

·
Registered
585 Posts
This must be your first Mustang.
It is. I have this feature on my other two cars plus being able to open and close windows and sunroof on those with the key fob from afar, which is great on really hot days, just wasn't expecting it on the Mustang.

A Magnum, what is that? Oh wait, just looked it up, very nice :winks

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
It is. I have this feature on my other two cars plus being able to open and close windows and sunroof on those with the key fob from afar, which is great on really hot days, just wasn't expecting it on the Mustang.

A Magnum, what is that? Oh wait, just looked it up, very nice :winks
The Mustang had the key fob window rolldown feature in 2005 but Ford discontinued it for some unknown reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.