Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to put in some gt40p heads and gt40 upper&lower intake in an 88lx can anyone tell me what gaskets i need and from a good company preferrably fel-pro?

·
Registered
136 Posts
88 Lx 50 said:
im going to put in some gt40p heads and gt40 upper&lower intake in an 88lx can anyone tell me what gaskets i need and from a good company preferrably fel-pro?
From my experiance felpro is great. I used felpro gasket set for my intake install. The runner gaskets matched perfectly to the heads and lower intake. The end gaskets which came with the kit were pretty nifty rubber and matched perfectly. A stock upper to lower gasket is also included which is directed to the trash. Also included a iac+egr gasket. Most importantly after assembly vaccum or coolant leaks. I'm guessing that the head set is of at least equal quality

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i thought fel pro was the way to go but now do i use all the same type of gaskets in terms of sizes and what not like just stock replacements but from fel pro? or are the heads and intake manifolds different from stock shaped gaskets?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Just ask for the stock gaskets. They will all match up to your gt40p heads.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Like GhostDog 5.0 said, make sure you get the correct intake gaskets. the biggest difference that I found is the water port location and size. Also I recommend not using the end gaskets, but instead use a bead of RTV. Depending on what was done on the engine the rubber pieces may not give you a good seal, but a nice bead of RTV will crush when you tighten the intake.

The important thing to remember with head gaskets is that the thickness will affect your compression ratio.

I also have always used Fel-pro. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot guys i appreciate the help i just have 1 more question though, since half my motor is going to be apart anyway and im going to be doing an electric fan also i figured id put the e303 cam in and i dont kno if i should change the timing chain or is there really no need to? thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you are going in and for the price and peace of mind I would change it. Look for a good chain and gear set (Summit, Jegs, etc.)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot ghostdog those are some realllly good instructions. ill def be using them soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.