Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY , ME AND A FRIEND ARE WORKING ON A 1993 FORD MUSTANG LX 2.3LITER. PROBLEM..... AFTER WASHING THE VECHILE (BODY ONLY) THE CAR WON'T START .... WE NOTICED THE FUEL PUMP WASN'T PUMPING WHEN I WOULD TURN THE ENIGATION ON.... SO WE REPLACED FUELPUMP AND FILTER..... STILL WON'T START. MY FATHER RAN TEST ON THE WIRING AND TOLD ME THAT THE PUMP ISN'T RECIEVING ANY POWER ? HE SUGGEST THAT I CHECK THE RELAY.... I CAN'T FIND THE FUEL RELAY .. CAN YOU HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM ? WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE TO GET THE MUSTANG OPERATING AGAIN ???? PLEASE ADVISE.. THANK YOU:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
16 Posts
The fuel relay switch in mine is in the trunk by the left taillight..... i had the same problem...Mine is a 91 LX so it might be diff.

·
Registered
654 Posts
passanger side shock tower there's a square box called the constant controll module, runs the ecm, fuel pump, air conditioning, electric fans, there not cheap, the "enertia switch" is in the trunk, it "pops" when jarred like in a collision to shut the fuel pump off, but a kick or bump near the switch will make it trip, but i have seen them go bad from corrosion.

·
Registered
654 Posts
sorry 91 and up had the constant control, 87 to 90 had the relay under the seat, just incase you head to the wreckers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i own a 93 lx 2.3 and i know what you are going through. when mine acted up like that i tapped on the ecm . its a box mounted on the inside of the front passenger side fender in the engine compartment. i went after the inertia switch in the trunk first and it was fine i tested it with my meter. a friend told me about the ecm in the front and after tapping on it i turned the key to the on position and the fuel pump whired like a brand new car. eventually the tapping (like fonzie) trick would not work anymore. i bought an oem replacement and have had no fuel pump problems since. hope this helps.i think the part was around 200 dollars but you might find one cheaper in the salvage lots if available. :wavey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i own a 93 lx 2.3 and i know what you are going through. when mine acted up like that i tapped on the ecm . its a box mounted on the inside of the front passenger side fender in the engine compartment. i went after the inertia switch in the trunk first and it was fine i tested it with my meter. a friend told me about the ecm in the front and after tapping on it i turned the key to the on position and the fuel pump whired like a brand new car. eventually the tapping (like fonzie) trick would not work anymore. i bought an oem replacement and have had no fuel pump problems since. hope this helps.i think the part was around 200 dollars but you might find one cheaper in the salvage lots if available. :wavey
is the ecm the same as the (ircm) ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
what is ircm ignition relay control module?
AutoZone.com | Membership Benefits

this is the ignition control module your relay is in the ecm which is located on passenger side engine compartmet. it a 5 inch long box wot wire harnesses in both ends you cant missit
see the link for the icm

·
Registered
21 Posts
upon further review yes the ircm or integrated relay control module is what i speak of being on the fender well or the shock tower as some call it. it has many wires coming out of each end and thats it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
upon further review yes the ircm or integrated relay control module is what i speak of being on the fender well or the shock tower as some call it. it has many wires coming out of each end and thats it.
:bigthumbsup WOW...
THANKS FOR THE 411, IM GOING TO REPLACE THE IRCM NEXT WEEK .....I CALLED AUTOZONE THEY WILL ORDER ME ANEW ONE FOR 110.00 WITH THE EXCHANGE OF THE OLD ONE...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is ircm ignition relay control module?
AutoZone.com | Membership Benefits

this is the ignition control module your relay is in the ecm which is located on passenger side engine compartmet. it a 5 inch long box wot wire harnesses in both ends you cant missit
see the link for the icm
:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup FOUND IT ..... THANKS BUDDY , I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED AFTER I REPLACE THE IRCM :wavey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The fuel relay switch in mine is in the trunk by the left taillight..... i had the same problem...Mine is a 91 LX so it might be diff.
:waveythanks for the support lookin_fly91 ... , rookie1234747 has been helping me out bro. you have clean ride brother... stay lookin fly..:bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.