Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, but im tryinging to figure out more ideas and have any questions i have answered properly by the best people i could think to ask, which, is everyone here. I have a 1967 coupe that had an original 289 and a three speed. I sold my drive train to my dad for his 1961 Ranchero. So heres my question, im wanting to put in a new Coyote crate engine in several years. What do i need to know or do for my whole frame and drive train. Ive seen restomods with 5.0 engines in them but i didnt know if they had to do anything to make them fit.

·
Super Moderator
7,908 Posts
Hey Davis. Welcome to AFM. I'm going to leave your thread here rather than move itg to another forum for better tech responses. Leaving it here will allow others can welcome you to the site. In the meantime you can look for some advice and tips in the Classic Forum and also the 2011 + Mustang Talk forums.

Your project to install a coyote is a few years away if I understand your comments correctly. In a few years your plans may change from a coyote to what is actually in service at the time. 2015 ushers in the 2.3L Eco in addition to carrying over the 3.7 and 5.0. Who knows what will power our Mustangs in 3 or 4 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts