Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok soo there are problems with the cars. first one i had was the fuel pump module, and ppl are having tranny issues and stuff.. what i dont understand is how did the prototype not have all these issues and yet we do, after all that rigorous testing and driving it 100,000+ miles, how did it not have these issues?, if it did why did they start production if they werent ready.. i havent had anything wrong since my FPM replacement. and i love my car. i just dont understand how they did catch all these tranny issues and FPM issues in the prototype. it just seems weird

·
Registered
588 Posts
Manufacturing causes problems? Not all cars built on an assembly line are the same. I still think that the MT82 is alright but the manufacturing is in China and they don't test and/or build quality parts. I'm just talking out my ass here but we all know if its not built in America its CRAP!

G

·
0 Posts
All cars will have issues, even years after the model went into production. There is no way for a company to test a car the way 70,000+ owners will drive the car as well. The warranty is there for this exact reason for every manufacturer. Name one that builds a car with zero issues.

I'm just talking out my ass here but we all know if its not built in America its CRAP!

Let's hope this isn't the way you really think.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
ok soo there are problems with the cars. first one i had was the fuel pump module, and ppl are having tranny issues and stuff.. what i dont understand is how did the prototype not have all these issues and yet we do, after all that rigorous testing and driving it 100,000+ miles, how did it not have these issues?, if it did why did they start production if they werent ready.. i havent had anything wrong since my FPM replacement. and i love my car. i just dont understand how they did catch all these tranny issues and FPM issues in the prototype. it just seems weird
I thought the same thing after reading all the reviews in print as well as on line. How come out of all the reviewers no one had a problematic tranny. In fact the tranny was raved about!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I thought the same thing after reading all the reviews in print as well as on line. How come out of all the reviewers no one had a problematic tranny. In fact the tranny was raved about!
Well, the cars reviewers get are probably very thoroughly checked for any problem before they are loaned out. Ford makes mistakes, but they are not stupid.:bounce2:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, the cars reviewers get are probably very thoroughly checked for any problem before they are loaned out. Ford makes mistakes, but they are not stupid.:bounce2:

yes the cars go through the show car hold area within the plant for the Ford's

I believe consumer reports is the only one completing anonymous reviews anymore

It's stacking the deck a little - but a poor review can kill sales - like the manual tranny issue

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Not the everyday guys on line. I saw at lest 10 on line reviewers that were supplied cars off of the local lot. None, repeat none of them had tranny issues. In fact the common theme was "I love how this car shifts" and "Live axle, what live axle"!

·
Registered
837 Posts
My tranny "issues" did not exist until about a month and a half later.

Most people had butter smooth shifts in the first few hundred miles

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
What I don't understand is why do people who aren't having a transmission problem with their cars keep starting threads about it and referencing the issue like it's gospel truth and all the cars are bad.

Do you fellas with good cars feel left out or something? :winks

Yeah, makes you wonder, don't it? :winks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Only so much testing can be done before going to production. No matter how many tests and miles are logged, that all changes and things happen once the car is in the tens of thousands and in the general population. Ever increasingly complicated vehicles do not help matters. The more stuff there is, the more stuff there is that can break too. It's a double edged sword for sure. Also, things such as supplier issues cannot be predicted, and tend to be the most common cause of failures, in my experience at least. Nobody can predict when a bad run will occur, and sometimes QC falters when they have to do mass production instead of the small batches for R&D test vehicles.

I know this forum really does make it seem like the 2011+ Mustang is the biggest, cheapest, POS and they all will have problems, but please visit some competitor websites. It'll be a very sobering experience, I can assure you that. Check out Camaro5, and Google some of the Challenger, 370Z, and other competitor cars forums.

Some of you will probably never want to buy any car again after seeing the over exaggerated, mass hysteria problems they all or 90% supposedly have based on a forum poll or the like. I know quite a few are freaking out about our issues and turning away. Best of luck with that.

Wait till they see the other guys.... If that isn't proof that the voiced sample in forums is a minority, then every car really IS a POS in this and every other car category. As for the evil car companies way of handling things, get ready for some deja vu as you read there issues. They all pull the same crap.

If I were to base everything about the Camaro off of a Camaro forum for example, I'd think everyone will lose an oil pump or have an HVAC failure, etc. I do feel for those with a problem, but any potential buyer or anyone else needs to keep things in context and take them with a grain of salt. No sense living in worry and fear, it sure won't get you anywhere. If it isn't a notchy shift, it'll be a sticking oil pump reg valve or axle breakage or something else to worry about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.