Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i have an 89 lx 5.0 HO. Power everything.
I bought a ICDynamics 6 relay alarm /keyless entry, ect..

It says that I can have it hooked up with my dome light. I have looked for the wires like it says. My door switch doesn't have the wires it says. Can someone help. Also it says that I can also wire in my trunk release.here are the wiring directions...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Alarm wires

The color of wires that the instructions are referring to are the ones that came with the harness in your alarm package. This doesn't mean that they will be the same color on your car, like the door locks. You need to know which wires on your car do what and connect them (whatever the color) to the corresponding colored wires on the wiring harness for the alarm module. For example, say the wires for your door lock is yellow and green, they need to connect to the blue and white wires on the alarm harness as specified in your directions. Hooking up an alarm system is time consuming and should be done carefully because if you screw it up, its a pain to go backwards and try to figure out what you wired wrong. You can get an alarm installed and avoid the aggrevation for less than 100 bucks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey guys,

I know how to install the alarm. I am half way done with it already. Here is my question. On the dome light it said to connect the black/white wire to dome light relay output connect to wires on vehicles dome light pin switch. And the green wire to the negative door trigger input and the violet to the positive door trigger input. I can't find these wires. With my test light . I have wires that are hot constantly and I have a black wire that is hot when door is open. I can't find the negative door trigger input. Is there a relay for the dome light? If so where is it. How would I hook upo these 3 wires to get my dome light to come on with alrm buttons?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.