Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a mustang gt and i really dont know what to do first as far as my upgrades go. i want to upgrade my exhaust and all that but i want i loud and mean sound so what would be the best brand to go with and the price quotes to go along with it please? or is their something i should upgrade before that any info will help :headscratch:

·
Registered
704 Posts
. i want to upgrade my exhaust and all that but i want i loud and mean sound

im just waiting for someone to say

"i want me exhuast to be quite and nice sounding"

lol, everyone always points out that they want a loud and mean sound...

umm but to answer your question...try loudmouth...there loud..hence the name...

and maybe a off-road hpipe if you dont have emissions

·
Banned
696 Posts
Americanmuscle.com
Stage3motorsports
etc.
A simple google and you can find just about anything you'll need.
Check the sponsors all around the site. Welcome to the forums, but please don't ask us to do your shopping/bargain finding for you.

Search around youtube, there are countless video clips of exhausts of all different styles and variations.

Long tube, X pipe, Magnapacks
To only FRPP stingers, and everything inbetween.
For the best sound change for the lowest cost you will want an axle back muffler. They're the cheapest and easiest type of exhaust changes you can make.
If you get really into it consider changing the midpipe and using a cat-back system, possibly consider headers. More expensive, but a far different sound.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Two words:

Search Function

·
Registered
283 Posts
1) what is your ultimate goal? (are you making a daily driver? drag racing vs road racing? need good mileage? need warranty? need to pass inspection?)

2) what is your budget & how will you spend it? (doing is all at once, one piece at a time, etc)

For example, if you answer low-budget/daily driver/CARB-legal: mufflers, tune, CAI adds up to about $1,000, and you can do the exhaust first and the CAI w/ tune later...

More money to spend but want to keep the warranty and CARB legality? go with a 5-6 psi Ford Racing (Whipple), RoushCharger, or similar (don't know if Saleen SC's still apply here), installed at a participating Ford dealer...

Not worried about warranty, and even more money? go with any 9-10 psi blower...

Not concerned with warranty or CARB, and have lots of money for other required mods, tuning costs, and repair costs when you brakes things racing? try a turbo, or maybe even twin-turbos...

ps- I think my info is pretty accurate, but it is not stated as all-inclusive....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bro its 6 to 1 and half a dozen others. If you want to stay legal and pass emissions don't do off road X pipe. If you want a "loud mean" sound go with cat back and single chamber Flow Master mufflers.(Not the typicall 2 or 3 chamber) You can't go wrong with loudmouths either.
Make sure you can live with it that loud though. Lots to consider like neighbors and the fact since you will be heard comeing from a half mile, you will never be able to sneak around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry correction::Not an X pipe go with an H pipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this may be a silly question but whats the difference between the axle back and cat back like i hear people talk about the cats and all that but i just dont know what it is or means so if some one could run up my car game a little bit it would be appreciated. i am trying to find my future exhaust system and sadly i dont know what im doing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.