Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on swapping a lincoln mark 8 engine into my 01 bullitt. i am going to rebuild the motor with all new performance mods. i was just wondering what will i have to do to get it to work. what kind of mods do i need to do to the wiring harness, and will my computer still work with this engine with a new flash. i plan on adding a twin turbo setup on the engine. but i plan on running the engine N/A for a couple of months until i get the extra cash. will that hurt the pistons made to run on boost. any help on this subject is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Yes, you can use the same EEC with a reflash. There will be a few sensor wires you'll have to extend, but nothing hard. You've got 2 choices with the IMRC's, either delete them, or use a window switch to actuate them. I would personally swap to the 96-98 Cobra intake with IMRC deletes to make things easy, and the Cobra intake is a lot better than the mark VIII intake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are the imrc's?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
They are little butterflys built into the intake that change the runner length to help a stock car get more torque at lower rpms, then they open up to allow max flow at high rpms. They make delete plates all over the place, and if you're going twin turbo, you won't need imrcs anyways. Both the Cobra and Mark VIII have them, so you'll have to deal with them no matter which intake you go with.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Here's a quick article on how to do the IMRC delete yourself:

IMRC Deletes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you know what sensors will have to be lengthened?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
not off the top of my head, it's been quite a few years since I did the swap, I just remember having to extend a lot of wires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thank you. ill find out which wires when i put the engine in lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.