Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my 89 mustang has gotten some performance goodies but i want more:D. i was looking at doing a cam swap......i was comparing the frpp f series cam with 1.6 roller rockers or the e series cam with 1.7 roller rockers.....which will go good with bbk shorty headers and a 2.5 flowmaster cat back and a cai?

is anyone running either of these cams and are they worth the effort. also what else should i look into besides roller rockers and a cam. thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
323 Posts
one of those performance up grades wouldn't happen to be heads would it?

R

·
0 Posts
I don't the heads are in this mix......

and if you don't have heads and intake a cam will do very little if anything......

List your Mods Please.:happydance:
his mods are in red

hey guys my 89 mustang has gotten some performance goodies but i want more:D. i was looking at doing a cam swap......i was comparing the frpp f series cam with 1.6 roller rockers or the e series cam with 1.7 roller rockers.....which will go good with bbk shorty headers and a 2.5 flowmaster cat back and a cai?

is anyone running either of these cams and are they worth the effort. also what else should i look into besides roller rockers and a cam. thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Everyone wants to change cams first and that's the wrong time to do it. You need heads, intake, and fuel to compliment the cam or it'll be a waste of money, time, and effort.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The Cam should picked last. The Cam should be designed around the rest of the Combo. Not Pick a cam and then design the Combo. You will only crutch your combo that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts