Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys well here's the thing i want to gain extra HP on my stang here is a couple of mod that i have

Full Pi swap
Intake( sadly with no name brand intake pipe)
Flowmaster super 40,s exhaust

Im planing on adding a 24lbs injectors
exhaust piping at least 2.5( or bigger don't know yet)
and a super charger that a friend of mine its selling i believe its a pro charger don't know if they are good or not.

beside that list what else could i do to gain more HP?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
well you will need a tune for sure.
also 373 gears would help. not gain any hp, but get you into the power band quicker.

with a supercharger you will need suspention help

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Big plus on the suspension and for dang sure subframes.

I would also say 90mm MAF: AmericanMuscle has them at great price members of forum get a discount pm a site sponser on here for it.

Fuel Pump: Got my 255lph Walbro from LateModel I think they may offer discount also pm sit sponser on that.

I would suggest atleast 39lb injectors but depending on how much power you wana make the 24lb may be ok need to know what you want out of it: AmericanMuscle is where I got my injectors.

You will need to go to a dyno and get your car tuned also for the supercharger and all the other fuel mods and MAF. So find one close to you.

There is more to just throwing a power adder on your car do some research and make sure you know what all you need!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i might forget the supercharger for a while but im gonna star with the 255lph fuel pump and go with a 2.5 exhaust pipe.

Does any of you knows if the K&N fuel filter its good?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I don't know about running a 255lph pump and not needing it cause most people say it over pressures the system and will kill the pump out but you having a return system (96-early 98) I am guessing since you say a PI swap I would double check on that and see if it is ok to run the pump I am not 100% sure on this and I am sure someone on here would know betting that Bullitt would know.

My advice is to save up money and buy all your parts at once for the supercharger or buy them when you can and install them when you add the supercharger.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
there is no need to waste money on new injectors or fuel pump...leave them alone
Next for some real power a custom tune should be done first
2nd, the car will respond nicely to long tube headers
3rd: yes work on the suspension, upper and lower rear control arms, subframe connectors and new shocks/struts will transform the handling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts