Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this site but I'm hoping you guys can help. I have a 2001 Mustang Coupe and I'm wanting to supe it up. But before I can do this I need some prices and other people's opinions. I'm wanting to put the follow on my Mustang: Cold Air Intake, Supercharger, Cams, & some cherry bomb exaust. I was wondering what is the best of these items and how much they would be. I have some brand names in mind but I want to know what the best is so I'm not just throwing my money away. I also need to convert my automatic tansmission into a manual, so how much would that cost? If you guys could just let me know what you think and the prices that would be most helpful, becuase as you can see I'm really confused :headscratch:. And if you have any suggestions on what else I should do to it please let me know. Thanks and God bless!!! :D

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to this site but I'm hoping you guys can help. I have a 2001 Mustang Coupe and I'm wanting to supe it up. But before I can do this I need some prices and other people's opinions. I'm wanting to put the follow on my Mustang: Cold Air Intake, Supercharger, Cams, & some cherry bomb exaust. I was wondering what is the best of these items and how much they would be. I have some brand names in mind but I want to know what the best is so I'm not just throwing my money away. I also need to convert my automatic tansmission into a manual, so how much would that cost? If you guys could just let me know what you think and the prices that would be most helpful, becuase as you can see I'm really confused :headscratch:. And if you have any suggestions on what else I should do to it please let me know. Thanks and God bless!!! :D
Welcome to the site!

Before you start modding. You have to really think to your self about converting that auto to a manual idea "Do I really want to do this". Thats going to cost you some cash. That's different flywheel, bellhouseing, clutch, tranny. shifter, conslose boot ect. your better off sell the car you have for a manual if you really want to do that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
also keep in mind yeah manual is more fun to drive. BUT..

automatics win races. Not sure about prices but you should look into a shift kit. Perfect shift everytime!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
also keep in mind yeah manual is more fun to drive. BUT..

automatics win races. Not sure about prices but you should look into a shift kit. Perfect shift everytime!
+1) Theres alot of auto 10-11 sec cars out there. Keep what you got and start from there. A shift kit will help alot!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, the only reason I wanted to switch the automatic to manual was for the fun of driving to be honest. I'll look into a shiftkit like you said! Also what are the best kinds of the other items I asked about? Like I said I don't want to throw my money away.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Cai

Right off the bat, you need to make a decision about the Supercharger. Depending on that decision, the rest of the list flows downhill from there.

Things like CAI, UDP, throttle boddy, MAF, intakes, camming, gearing, even exhaust, ALL depend on that major decision.

Pick which type of supercharger (centrifugal or positive displacement) you are going to install, and then precisely which ONE you are going with, before pulling the mod trigger. All the blower kit vendors have different requirements and suggestions as to the best combination of parts to match their superchargers.

This will save you time, money and pain.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Make sure to build around the supercharger. Don't go mod crazy or you will have to back track. Starting on the suspension wouldn't be a bad idea if you haven't already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.