Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey do any of u guys know just some cheaper audio i can get because i really want subs prefer 12's for my 95 gt convert i have as a radio deck a pioneer avh5700-dvd which is a tv 6.5 inches and also does any one know how to connect my ipod to it ? which pioneer adapter should i get ? i have an iphone 3g and ipod i want to mainly use iphone as its easier to scroll through songs i would rather control my music through the ipod itself probably not on the actual radio as its dangerous while driving and also its slower.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CDRB20-Compact-Disc-Adaptor/dp/B0007INC9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244351206&sr=1-1

or

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-IB100-vehicle-interface/dp/B0007YPOAA

·
Registered
427 Posts
As far as the ipod adapter not sure what you could use to still use the functions of the iphone but whats your budget on subs amp and wiring?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well for the subs and amp and wiring i was thinking somewhere below like 500 cause i dont want to spend to much on that right now but down the road i would definitely get some better stuff and sell the ones i will be getting shortly, also i have a 95 gt convert if that matters

·
Registered
427 Posts
ok and you said your lookin for 12s or a 12 so what about an alpine type r 12 2+2 dvc 2 ohm- around $120 with shipping from ikesound.com
some knuconceptz wiring KnuKonceptz - view products for category AMP INSTALLATION KITS
pick one at least 4 gauge or lower.
along with this amp Hifonics BXi 1210D Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix for around $250 with shipping.
250 amp
120 sub
30-60 wiring
so approximately $420 which should leave more than enough money for a box if your planning on making it your self.
The reason why I recommended that amp which I know is more than enough for that type r is because if you plan to upgrade later you could just swap subs instead of your whole system.
just be careful with the gains on that amp if you decide to go with something similar to this set up. also recommended the dual 2 ohm model of the type r to get that amp to 1 ohm to take full advantage of it.

Don't give me crap for recommending type r's. they can be very good budget subs which is what he is looking for.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know how ton install anything lol or make a box or tube i would have to have someone do it all for me lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would suggest doing everything through Crutchfield. They have advisors on call all the time to give you as much help as you need. Don't try to build your own box if you have no clue how to do it, just buy one already assembled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.