Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a issue with my PCV valve. Well not actually the valve but where it connects to the upper intake. The problem is that the plastic return line is extremely loose at the connection and will slide in and out with NO pressure. There is a rubber hose that is ~3inches long that connects the plastic return line to the intake. what size diameter is it and what kind of hose should I use? I don't know if the PCV setup is the same for a GT as a Mach. I ask because I'm afraid to take it off(part on intake is stuck so ill have to cut) and not be able to get the correct hose or anything close and be without my car because of a piece of rubber.....

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
If the rubber section you mention is in good shape - not cracked, deteriorated, etc., then I would just install a black zip tie or if you really want to be fancy about it then a hose clamp over the area where the rigid plastic tube slides in. I had to do exactly that with where the PCV tube goes on to the nipple on my CAI and it has held just fine for years.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
+1 to Socal...hose clamps, I am a hose-clamp ***** when it comes to vac lines...I have too many of them but at lest I know they won't come loose.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its not in bad shape. Its just lost its hold on the pipe. I might get a hose clamp for now but i like it to be clean lol but thats a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts