Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened. Mrs. Snack has the car today so I didn't get a chance to nab a pic for reference yet. I kissed a curb and put a nice little gouge in the rear passenger fanblade. D*mnit!

It's not too bad as it's right along the tire edge and I might be able to polish it with a Dremel or something but it just makes me mad because I know it's there. I was making a turn out of a parking lot and for some reason just cut it too close. Stupid. I'll see if I can get a pic up here for reference later.

I'm always so careful but I guess it was bound to happen. It would be a better story if I said I was running from the cops or something but nope... just plain zonin' out while driving and it's my own fault.

:so

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I did the same thing in a parking lot, that is what I get for parking so close to the curb. :so

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I did the same thing...I tend to park close to the curb to allow more room on the other side. I figure this will help in the ding area

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the same thing in a parking lot, that is what I get for parking so close to the curb. :so
At least you have a valid reason... I just plumb hit a d*mn curb from lack of attention.

Bad Snack... :nono: Maybe a small polishing attachment on the dremel?

I need to go through all my Dremel attachments and see what polishing tips I have. If I think I'll just make it worse I'm going to take it to my body shop and see what they can do.

I did the same thing...I tend to park close to the curb to allow more room on the other side. I figure this will help in the ding area
Is your scratch noticable? You'd have to look to see mine but it's just the thought that makes me mad. Grrr.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am so sorry to hear that! I dread the day, believe me... The good thing is - you aren't blaming Mrs. Snack :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You have to look to notice mine, but i am like you...I know its there.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It was worse when I made a sharp U-turn and a curb rubbed/cracked my rocker panel. LOL, I had that fixed too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am so sorry to hear that! I dread the day, believe me... The good thing is - you aren't blaming Mrs. Snack :D

I'd never do that! She's probably even more careful with our babies than I am and she's a very good driver. It's funny if I've had a beer and hand her the keys to watch her not let other drivers bully her. She won't race necessarily but when a lil' yippee dog car (fartcan) tries to start something or do a fly by she won't let them. I guess they figure a girl driving isn't going to give them any trouble. Wrong.

We're even as far as bumps and bruises go. After we got the side exhaust put on the 96GT we each knocked a side skirt off. $300 a side gets expensive quick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to look to notice mine, but i am like you...I know its there.
That's the part that kills me!:hihi:

Ouch, well at leas your not alone. I know that doesn't help.

Actually that does really help. I'll feel better after I polish it something but I don't want to add an expense that could go for something more usefull.

If it was my Jeep I'd be proud. Go figure.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I did the same thing trying to avoid the ding factor. Wasn't horrible, it is the fact that I know it is there. Oh, well just have to move on. Mines chrome, not a whole lot I can do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did the same thing trying to avoid the ding factor. Wasn't horrible, it is the fact that I know it is there. Oh, well just have to move on. Mines chrome, not a whole lot I can do.

Apparently enough of us here have done that we should start a support group.:gringreen

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Theres actually a wheel doctor just about everywhere and there pretty good i had an old set of curb rashed centerlines and they fixed them pretty good they have a website i will find it and try to post later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe a "I nicked a rim" registry? :D

That's a good idea! Finally a registry Mr. V. can't be a part of.:gringreen

Theres actually a wheel doctor just about everywhere and there pretty good i had an old set of curb rashed centerlines and they fixed them pretty good they have a website i will find it and try to post later
I'll see if I can google them but if they have a website and you find it please share...
Thanks!
Snack

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i have been lucky so far. i have nicked the curb twice, once at home in the driveway because i have to park at this ridiculous angle because my father's expedition takes up 90% of the driveway, and again while i was at work. Both times i count my blessings that it only hit the tire and not the rim. I just rubbed the tire down a little and you can't even notice.

But again, i am like you guys, i notice every little dent/scratch on my baby. except for the ones that were there the day i bought her :so i was too excited to notice them....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.