Ford Mustang Forum banner

I Nicked A Rim!!

G
2018 35
It finally happened. Mrs. Snack has the car today so I didn't get a chance to nab a pic for reference yet. I kissed a curb and put a nice little gouge in the rear passenger fanblade. D*mnit!

It's not too bad as it's right along the tire edge and I might be able to polish it with a Dremel or something but it just makes me mad because I know it's there. I was making a turn out of a parking lot and for some reason just cut it too close. Stupid. I'll see if I can get a pic up here for reference later.

I'm always so careful but I guess it was bound to happen. It would be a better story if I said I was running from the cops or something but nope... just plain zonin' out while driving and it's my own fault.

:so
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
i have been lucky so far. i have nicked the curb twice, once at home in the driveway because i have to park at this ridiculous angle because my father's expedition takes up 90% of the driveway, and again while i was at work. Both times i count my blessings that it only hit the tire and not the rim. I just rubbed the tire down a little and you can't even notice.

But again, i am like you guys, i notice every little dent/scratch on my baby. except for the ones that were there the day i bought her :so i was too excited to notice them....
those rims are amazing:)
Here's a couple that may prove useful:
Chiz's "Curb Rash Repair" How-To - SVTPerformance
ALL: 30 Minute Amateur Rim Rash Repair - Audizine

One good reason to avoid all-black wheels: nick a rim and it stands out like a sore - uh - wheel. Guess I should carry a bottle of touch-up for embarrassing emergencies.

Can you see it?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.