Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys want to hook my Ipod up to my stang cause I noticed I seen a line in jack in the glovebox of my 07 gt can someone please send me a pic of the cable i need to buy I just want to use like a straigt cable with the right jack that plugs into it but all the ones I see have all this **** you need to hook up to the radio.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
would someone help a brother out for ***** sakes

·
Registered
45 Posts
You should be able to find the cord at Radio Shack or any place that sells audio equipment. All you need is one with a a male mini pin jack at each end.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does this include the 06 also,

You should be able to find the cord at Radio Shack or any place that sells audio equipment. All you need is one with a a male mini pin jack at each end.
Is this where the aux input for the shaker 500 is?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is on the Shaker 1000, I assume it's the same on the 500.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Really COnfused

It is on the Shaker 1000, I assume it's the same on the 500.
I have read threads that said that the radio had to be removed or at least all of the front console removed to access the aux input.

Now I am really confused

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have read threads that said that the radio had to be removed or at least all of the front console removed to access the aux input.

Now I am really confused
For the 2007's, they have a line-in jack in the glovebox. I don't know if they did that for other years, but after reading the 2007 material my salesman gave me, I found it is in the glovebox. (Haven't gotten my 07 yet).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is an '07 and there is a line in jack in the console. Maybe they're talking about accessing aux inputs for an additional power amp in the back of the unit?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I looked and didn't see anything, could you give me approx location?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just make sure it has two 3.5mm males plugs on both sides. It's just like a small headphone plug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is in the front of the compartment, on the bottom. There's also an auxillary power plug there, presumably so you can charge your ipod while playing it. Nice touch.
I've only had the car for two weeks, so I'm still learning the sound system. The shaker with satellite radio is pretty nuts...

·
Registered
635 Posts
3.5mm stereo, not monorail (3 "segments" on tip)

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Mine is in the front of the compartment, on the bottom. There's also an auxillary power plug there, presumably so you can charge your ipod while playing it. Nice touch.
I've only had the car for two weeks, so I'm still learning the sound system. The shaker with satellite radio is pretty nuts...
The 05 and 06's have power adapters in there also. I wish they wouldn't have waited to 07 to put the ipod jacks in there.

·
Registered
355 Posts
RE: mini jack

Amen to that. I ended up switching to an Alpine headunit for that very reason on my 05. Could have done it with the factory radio but the adaptor to do it was rediculous $$$$ in my opinion so I thought if I was going to spend that much, might as well just upgrade. I always get rid of the stock stereo anyways on all my cars, so I guess it was not that big of a deal. You can get the cable you need for the 07 jack at
wal-nuts or bomb-shack. Just a standard male-to-male 3.5mm. Same size as the headphones that plug into your ipod or any other portable audio device for that matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts