Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 5.0 and had the top down the other day and when i put it up the windows would not come up... no power... i have changed the circuit breaker and the window relay switch... nothing works...

:scratchchin any suggestions...???? please help

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Lori Hello and welcome to the site. I am sure that someone will be able to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!.......have you checked all the fuses?check the grounds for it also...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums... Glad you joined us!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
This might sound stupid, but I have done it...did you check the window "lock" on the drivers side window control panel? It is only on conv......lol

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I have friends who've done the same thing, lock the windows with that switch.

If not, it could be the motors or the main window switch.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The driver's door switch and the windows individual switches wont work either???? Gotta be a fuse or ground problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for all your ideas... i have changed the main fuse (circuit breaker) for the windows and i have changed the power window relay switch... now i have bought a circuit tester to find out where i have power and where i don't will be doing that tomorrow thanks if you come up with anything else please let me know Lori

·
Registered
842 Posts
Actually I had the same problem this past summer. I took it to a shop they couldn't find the bad wire. So rather then tracing it and spending $75 an hour, my buddy just replaced the wire all together, haven't had a problem since. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check the switch for power and ground if not that then the motor went out

·
Registered
842 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.