Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new Pioneer Premier deck for the wife's Pony. With all the performance mods I've been doing I figured I'd pick her up the new Pioneer deck that she had her eye on. Pretty sweet deck. A buddy of mine just put one in his GT last week and he loves it. Double din, blutooth handsfree and all the goodies.:bigthumbsup
Pioneer USA - CD Receivers

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I picked up a new Pioneer Premier deck for the wife's Pony. With all the performance mods I've been doing I figured I'd pick her up the new Pioneer deck that she had her eye on. Pretty sweet deck. A buddy of mine just put one in his GT last week. Double din, blutooth and all the goodies.:bigthumbsup
Pioneer USA - CD Receivers
Is that an endless stream of Canadian dollars I see leaving your wallet? :shigrin What is it replacing? Shaker?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Cool! I recently got a JVC DD that I really like. Also upgraded the speakers--now if I can just get the damn things to stop rattling!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that an endless stream of Canadian dollars I see leaving your wallet? :shigrin What is it replacing? Shaker?
She just has the base CD player in her Pony, so this will be a big improvement. I got a pretty good deal from my buddy that works at JB's Automotive.:) I just called the wife at work to tell her I picked it up for her and she is pretty excited. Next will be a subwoofer for some boom!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very nice head unit!Should sound way better than the stock one.Just curious what hood is that on your car it rocks?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice head unit!Should sound way better than the stock one.Just curious what hood is that on your car it rocks?
Trufiber GTS-3 hood.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just thinking how nice that deck would look in my GT....hmmmm. No the only music I want to hear in my car is the whine of the Whipple!!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Followed in close order by the turbo? :shigrin
I wouldn't bother, one heavily modded, un-dailydriveable Mustang in the family is enough, it would just be upgrade to a GT time. But she's perfectly happy driving her car the way it is. She just wanted better audio performance out of it. She likes her tunes when she's cruzin'.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was just thinking how nice that deck would look in my GT....hmmmm. No the only music I want to hear in my car is the whine of the Whipple!!!
i was thinking the same thing ... i have the shaker1000 and wouldnt mind upgrading but damn! the car sounds better than most music out now anyways!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I wouldn't bother, one heavily modded, un-dailydriveable Mustang in the family is enough, it would just be upgrade to a GT time. But she's perfectly happy driving her car the way it is. She just wanted better audio performance out of it. She likes her tunes when she's cruzin'.:bigthumbsup
Good point! At least you still have one car that's good for trips! :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's pics. The hands free Blu-tooth phone feature works awesome, even with the top down.:bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looks cool....nice fitment.

I didn't even know Mustangs had radios...

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The new audio unit looks great with its cool blue lighting. But don't the HVAC controls directly beneath the audio unit still illuminate in green? That could look kind of strange to me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tucking away the Ipod is great. Nice looking Unit.

G

·
Oh, what I'd give to be able to control my ipod from the head unit... we might have to start researching... That looks awesome... Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, what I'd give to be able to control my ipod from the head unit... we might have to start researching... That looks awesome... Congratulations!
No research required. Full ipod and USB control, Blu-tooth hands free with auto mute with caller and phone book display on the deck(my wife just leaves the phone in her purse and it auto syncs once you've done the initial set-up). It sounds better than the stock deck. The works all been done. Just go out and buy one. You won't regret it.:bigthumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.