Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks real good man!

I may have spread them out a bit more, but still, great job!

:drink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very nice!

What's the dimension of your stripe? I want to do some stripe on mine but I'm still not sure of the dimension.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Very classy!:drink:

·
Registered
352 Posts
letters

where did you get the letter at was looking for something like that..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To madhouse...The letters were spaced exactly like my wifes restored to factory 67 stang. I thought i would space them to her car.

to the width of the stripes ...I'll measure them and post it..

Delurker needs BIGGER glasses:hihi:

To Savages...You can get those letters from any mustang source. Mine were for the 67-68 stang and get the type with sticky back tape. Easy install about 10- 15 minutes with measuring

G

·
Well... momma dun say, "ifn you cant say anythin nice, don't say nuthin" but... I dunno bout all that. Considering I want to completely debadge my ride should say a bit about me from the git-go. I aint feelin this'un. I dig it from the point of view that "to each their own" but it aint somethin that I'd do personally. I figure if folks don't know its a mustang, f'em... they'll learn. No need to advertise. One of the reasons I like the fact that the big trailer park stamp is gone from our rear bumpers now... I understand puttin this shtick (cant say **** in this ****** up PC world) on the rear is retro n all... and if you dig it, great! In our current domestic political climate, nobody is wrong (includin me! then again, I might just be well lubricated).

Not my taste, but don't let that dampen your day. Happy trails to you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I took the liberty of making a smaller pic from the one originally submitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
very nice indeed:thumbsup

·
Registered
260 Posts
I try to stay out of these appearance-opinion topics..but...since you're asking for opinins in this case....I feel about the same as eyeIIeye on this stuff. I don't see it adding to the appearance of the car and wouldn't do it to mine, but beauty is in the eye, man.

A few of these threads have made me start having flashbacks to the 70's when I had my last 'Stang. Sure saw a lot Mustang T-shirts, hats, posters, bookmarkers, windshield decals, cookbooks, bath mats, etc...I had an epiphany one day at old RIR (Riverside International Raceway) when I saw an old guy in the stands wearing Mustang T-shirt, baseball cap and - I swear - sneakers. But then I actually never got into the "horse" thing (guess I like dogs better), and the MIneral Grey GT's have much more in common with Sharks or Wild Boars as far as appearance and temperment. :D The "Horse" logo on the windshield rear-view-mirror mount area is even a little too much for me.

But the bottom line is that you like it. You can't see it while driving and I'm sure a lot of people who end up behind you will like it. For what it's worth you sure did a great job of alignment and spacing - very nice work regardless of anyone's opinion.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Stoopy said:
I try to stay out of these appearance-opinion topics..but...since you're asking for opinins in this case....I feel about the same as eyeIIeye on this stuff. I don't see it adding to the appearance of the car and wouldn't do it to mine, but beauty is in the eye, man.

A few of these threads have made me start having flashbacks to the 70's when I had my last 'Stang. Sure saw a lot Mustang T-shirts, hats, posters, bookmarkers, windshield decals, cookbooks, bath mats, etc...I had an epiphany one day at old RIR (Riverside International Raceway) when I saw an old guy in the stands wearing Mustang T-shirt, baseball cap and - I swear - sneakers. But then I actually never got into the "horse" thing (guess I like dogs better), and the MIneral Grey GT's have much more in common with Sharks or Wild Boars as far as appearance and temperment. :D The "Horse" logo on the windshield rear-view-mirror mount area is even a little too much for me.

But the bottom line is that you like it. You can't see it while driving and I'm sure a lot of people who end up behind you will like it. For what it's worth you sure did a great job of alignment and spacing - very nice work regardless of anyone's opinion.
Nicely put...cosmetic upgrades are very much a "personal taste" thing and you're likely to get as many different replies as there are Mustang owners out there. All that matters is if you like it - and the pride you get from doing your own mod!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Not bad, but I can see it a pain to clean around the lettering. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the opinions guys. Without doing things that would be permanent( like paint) I 'm trying a couple of things that I haven't seen done yet. I do appreciate the input.:wavey

·
Registered
478 Posts
not bad, I was thinking of doing it in a decal, where the font would match the Mustang embossed in the door sill

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
it looks like you did a very good job applying it. It's not my cup of tea because I'm a minimalist. I do prefer it to bigplayraryr's letters, since the 'mustang' in that type of font on previous mustangs made me cringe. But it looks like you did a good job. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks good! I was thinkin about doing something like that to my 06 when i get it. I was thinking about putting Shelby on the back to go with the Shelby style stripes i'm getting but i'll probably just put Mustang since it won't really be a Shelby.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts