Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went out today with my brother for a small drive near Napa, Ca and we took his car a 2007 corvette with LT headers xpipe and Borla stingers. and it was awesome as normal makes me really want to do new suspension front to back on my car. so the car sounds like a proper V8 loud and mean and it sucks because i have a V6 and well its no V8.

so we got to one part heading back home (still in napa county) and he said he has an idea, at this point im confused then he said im going to stand by this big oak tree and take a video while i drive at WOT and i was like :worship:worship:worship:D. so i got in and did a slow take off got down far enough and no one was coming so i nailed it and OMG this is awesome so i hit just about 95mph before i slowed down, BUT on the pass back ILL POST THE VIDEO i did about 110+mph and ya ya ya i know people will yell at me for going this fast but i DONT care:D

but after this it makes me want to have a V8 that i can make loud and fast so i guess ill have to keep saving my pennies for a long time or until i get into the Air Force

‪2007 corvette with borla stingers pass at 110+ mph.MOV‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats sweet! Yeah man V8 is true muscle!!! But with that said, there is a lot that can be done with a V6....

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ya there is a lot of things i can do to my v6 but those 2 missing cylinders make that wonderful and intoxicating sound but i could always drop in a V8 engine in my car

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
There's V6's and V8's, V8's will always be better and it has been and always will be this way, it's never been a secret. I Love My V6 for what it is but it'll never be a V8. There's only one thing to make you happy and it's the V8, if you need one get it. I dont hav to prove anything to anyone and having a V6 is ok with me and Im the onlyone that it should matter to. I may not get there as fast as a V8 but I'll still get there:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
882 Posts
I agree, the only person you should be impressing is yourself. Whenever I get the 'need v8' urge, I think...wait what for? I dont go to the track, and Im too old to street race. Also I live in Los Angeles so going to work and going home in traffic makes me just as fast as a 8. LOL plus the price is way to high for me. Im like those old dudes in the Corvettes that never go above 60 MPH. I guess the whole young "Im invisible and will never die" thing is fading :violin.
Eh, I also look at what other less fortunate people drive like Hondas and I feel better about my sixer. What a depressing post.

·
Registered
717 Posts
:bigthumbsup Awesome video. I would love to have purchased a V8. It was a legend lime 05 GT. She was sounding good. I like the V6 I did get. I have enjoyed the convertible, my first tho I have owned sunroofs, moonroofs t-tops and even a targa top. The exhaust set up does good, but V6's will never have the same sound

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Xcharger supercharger whine will make you not care about not having a V8, that whine is awesome :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
There's V6's and V8's, V8's will always be better and it has been and always will be this way, it's never been a secret. I Love My V6 for what it is but it'll never be a V8. There's only one thing to make you happy and it's the V8, if you need one get it. I dont hav to prove anything to anyone and having a V6 is ok with me and Im the onlyone that it should matter to. I may not get there as fast as a V8 but I'll still get there:bigthumbsup
Well it matters what you consider "better".

For a ton of people the V6 is the "better" engine. It's easier on gas not so loud, costs less.

Even for performance V6 engines can be wicked! You boost a 6cyl and you have all the hp you need and still get the benefits of the smaller engine.

As for the sound, like Hot Rod said, get some killer blower whine going and who cares about the extra rumble? Plus that 4.0 is a big sixer, with an aftermarket exhaust it must sound nice? I've never really heard one with exhaust closely.

Instead of doing a very involved engine swap, get yourself the loudest supercharger you can find:winks. I think whipples are loud. Then you'll have a killer sound that your brother will be jealous of.:shigrin Not to mention that you'll forget all about the extra 2 cylinders when that boost kicks in and you're thrown into your seat!:yup:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Your brothers a good dude. Don't stress the V8 issue but hang on to the passion. I was going to car shows for the last 3 years and got re-introduced to hot rods and horse power. Other interest had come up and I'd gotten away from them. Anyway, I got my 1st performance car in Feb. I'd been driving 4 cylinders for 25 years. Keep an eye on the 05-2010 GTs on the internet. You can get a nice one between 15 and 19k.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree, the only person you should be impressing is yourself. Whenever I get the 'need v8' urge, I think...wait what for? I dont go to the track, and Im too old to street race. Also I live in Los Angeles so going to work and going home in traffic makes me just as fast as a 8. LOL plus the price is way to high for me. Im like those old dudes in the Corvettes that never go above 60 MPH. I guess the whole young "Im invisible and will never die" thing is fading :violin.
Eh, I also look at what other less fortunate people drive like Hondas and I feel better about my sixer. What a depressing post.

i never said i was trying to impress anyone
and really a "depressing post"

:bigthumbsup Awesome video. I would love to have purchased a V8. It was a legend lime 05 GT. She was sounding good. I like the V6 I did get. I have enjoyed the convertible, my first tho I have owned sunroofs, moonroofs t-tops and even a targa top. The exhaust set up does good, but V6's will never have the same sound
ya when i was looking for my car all the gt were to expensive and i could not pass up the deal i got, and ya the sound will never be the same but it will due

Xcharger supercharger whine will make you not care about not having a V8, that whine is awesome :)
ya a nice supercharger whine would be awesome in my car

For a ton of people the V6 is the "better" engine. It's easier on gas not so loud, costs less.

Even for performance V6 engines can be wicked! You boost a 6cyl and you have all the hp you need and still get the benefits of the smaller engine.

As for the sound, like Hot Rod said, get some killer blower whine going and who cares about the extra rumble? Plus that 4.0 is a big sixer, with an aftermarket exhaust it must sound nice? I've never really heard one with exhaust closely.

Instead of doing a very involved engine swap, get yourself the loudest supercharger you can find:winks. I think whipples are loud. Then you'll have a killer sound that your brother will be jealous of.:shigrin Not to mention that you'll forget all about the extra 2 cylinders when that boost kicks in and you're thrown into your seat!:yup:

ya the 4.0 engine is a great engine and my exhaust setup is great , i would love to have a loud supercharger whine and the power to back it up

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your brothers a good dude. Don't stress the V8 issue but hang on to the passion. I was going to car shows for the last 3 years and got re-introduced to hot rods and horse power. Other interest had come up and I'd gotten away from them. Anyway, I got my 1st performance car in Feb. I'd been driving 4 cylinders for 25 years. Keep an eye on the 05-2010 GTs on the internet. You can get a nice one between 15 and 19k.

im not stressing the whole V8 issue because i know with time i will get one

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thats a sweet vid! I felt kinda the same way after meeting with this guy who had a 08 GT500 supersnake and was putting 620 to the wheels! He took me for a ride and it was AWESOMEEE! haha but i figure when im older and not going to school i can always get a GT or whatever then so its not a big deal at the moment:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats a sweet vid! I felt kinda the same way after meeting with this guy who had a 08 GT500 supersnake and was putting 620 to the wheels! He took me for a ride and it was AWESOMEEE! haha but i figure when im older and not going to school i can always get a GT or whatever then so its not a big deal at the moment:bigthumbsup

now that is a sweet ride
ya i feel the same way im still in college for at least another 3 years so i figured after college and i get into my career ill get a GT or another V8

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am not in the least disappointed with my V6. I have a Z28 if I get the V8 urge but honestly I drove it this evening to get some food and yeah the sound it makes is awesome (no cats, Flowmaster 40 series) but after owning the Mustang for about 7 months now I would not trade it for my Z.

·
Registered
717 Posts

I like the sound I have with my newtakeoff.com gt mufflers. It has a nice deep sound.

00colburn said:
ya when i was looking for my car all the gt were to expensive and i could not pass up the deal i got, and ya the sound will never be the same but it will due
I got a wicked deal on mine. End of the month, they wanted to move inventory. Very lucky I guess. $11k with 49k miles. I wasn't trying to say I was unhappy with the sound. I love the gt takeoffs. It has a subtle yet mean sound. It just will never be that V8 sound.

:gringreen

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i like the sound im getting from my GT500 mufflers
ya mine i just happen to find on auto trader at a dealer and it was $14k with 14,000 miles on it and im about to put 36k miles on it soon

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am still shopping around for a used GT 07+ or later for my wife since she wants one preferably a 08 since it would still have powertrain warranty for 2012 and several are well way under 60K miles.

I have checked several sites and whats making it difficult is my wife said redfire/candy apple as the only paint... and must be a GT premium. so many good deals in other colors..

I love the sound of the V8.

I got frustrated when I didnt go out to check a red candy 2010 GT premium that had 10K miles and was 22K. well it was originally posted at 30K and dealer moved it down to 22K to move it, I wonder who lucked out on that and probably did haggle it even lower.

There was a 2008 GT red candy premium fully loaded with 12K miles and was originally priced at 26K then it ended up at 17K till someone jumped in and it was a CPO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts