Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad refuses to let me buy a mustang because he thinks it is far too unsafe for in the winter (by the way i live in Grande Prairie so it can get pretty bad). the mustang im looking at buying is a 2003 V6 and it has traction control. i told him this but he still doesnt think it is good enough. he thinks i will kill myself. so i was wondering if it was actually that bad and if not give me some good reasons i can give him. i really want this car you guys so help me out please

·
Registered
4 Posts
mustang in the winter

hey i'm from Wpg and i have a 90 mustang with the wee lil 2.3 and its a 5 speed. it does alright in the snow as long as you have good tires. i recomend studded snow tires and added weight in the back for traction. we have had a mild winter so far, but its been really icy and i havent had a problem keeping it on the road, and i drive the car hard.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I drove my 04 gt for half of last winter (in calgary), (with trac on) and ended up parking it for the other half. I came upon gas stations with slopes going up to the pumps that i couldnt make it up. I agree, if you go with the mustang, definately get some good winter tires and maybe some more weight for the trunk. good luck :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts