Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold the Diablo ,because I have herd a lot of good things about Doug and his tunes at Bamachips.com.The tuner at the Dyno shop here in Albuquerque is an idiot, as far as I am concerned .He wanted me to get the Diablo.I got 275.00 for the Diablo, and paid 312.00 not a bad loss.
I only use 91 octane because that is the highest we have here.I got 3 - 91 octane tunes Torque,Performance,and Race.I live at 6000 feet which Doug will take into consideration on the tune.10 days with the stock tune,:so at least I have the Airaid which does not need it.Oh yea I got the SCT3.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least you didn't lose your shirt on the deal. I think you'll like the Bama tunes.
I hope the tuner is easy to use.I am sure it will be.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Why didn't you just get some tunes from Doug for the Predator?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
exactly what i was thinking. A tune from doug should be just as good regardless of which tuner its own

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug recommended the SCT 3 for my needs and my cousin kept bugging me to buy the Diablo.I thought I was upgrading.:scratchchin

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm the first owner of my '06 Mustang and since I've made some mods to it I thought I should take advantage of those mods by modifying the stock PCM program flash. I bought an SCT3 and ran into a situation where the PCM is "different" than stock and any changes made cause the "check engine" and "service now" lights to come on? After working with SCT tech support over a 30-day period they had to create a custom program for me, otherwise any changes caused the "check engine" and "service now" lights to come on. Problem is, everytime Ford decides to reflash my car SCT is going to have to modify the program and send it to me. Thoughts???? :headscratch:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I'm the first owner of my '06 Mustang and since I've made some mods to it I thought I should take advantage of those mods by modifying the stock PCM program flash. I bought an SCT3 and ran into a situation where the PCM is "different" than stock and any changes made cause the "check engine" and "service now" lights to come on? After working with SCT tech support over a 30-day period they had to create a custom program for me, otherwise any changes caused the "check engine" and "service now" lights to come on. Problem is, everytime Ford decides to reflash my car SCT is going to have to modify the program and send it to me. Thoughts???? :headscratch:
There have been a few reports of certain strategy PCMs having this problem. What were the codes that you were getting?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This may help you next time you have to go to the dealer .

Your SCT programmer can be used to read the strategy of the computer. This is a great feature because you can at any time see what strategy or program the computer may be running. An example of a strategy is FBNF1G3 which also is a TJF1 processor code. Before taking your vehicle in for service you can return the vehicle to the stock program and use the SCT Programmer to read the strategy. Write this information down and save it for when the dealer is finished with the vehicle. Remember if you are running a performance part on the vehicle that requires the custom tune this part must be removed if you plan to drive the vehicle with the stock program.

2. Once the dealership is finished with the vehicle you can use the SCT Programmer again to pull the strategy. If it is not same strategy as before you entered the dealership DO NOT load your custom tune back on the vehicle

I got this from Brenspeed`s tech link.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's hard to beat the SCT X3 with a Bama tune.
You know that is what I was thinking,since we do not have any good mustang Dyno Tuners here in Albuquerque.There is 1 ,but he thinks he is some sort of a God; and it makes me sick to give my money to A** hole.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The SCT showed a code of P060< (note that the code display does include the "<" symbol). This doesn't even equate to any codes that SCT had listed. Ultimately their engineers figured out that the PCM in my car is "different".....oh, lucky me :weeps

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The SCT showed a code of P060< (note that the code display does include the "<" symbol). This doesn't even equate to any codes that SCT had listed. Ultimately their engineers figured out that the PCM in my car is "different".....oh, lucky me :weeps
Dude I would call Doug at 205-302-0231 or go to bamachips.com
He is good and can probably make you a tune that will make you wonder why you did`nt call him to begin with. He is so helpful.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got it in today and I uploaded the race tune that Doug made me.WOW it is a new car that shifts quicker and has an incredible amount of power now.I have not had time to try the other tunes,interested to see what the Torque tune does.The highest octane here is 91 so all three tune are 91 octane.That is ALL I use anyways,(Chevron only).
Doug is so helpful and nice to deal with.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got it and put the 91 octane race tune in.Drove her a little bit and wow what a different car, shifts so much faster. The power is amazing as well. I would say it is the better deal for me on this for sure. Doug was very helpful and was very nice. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

·
Registered
213 Posts
BKid, thanks for the advice. Sent Doug an email detailing the issues I've run into and also all the specs from the SCT unit and configuration changes that were made....just waiting for a response.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.