Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:gringreen I was helping my buddy put a fuel pump in his car last night.He was gonna sell me his bbk 70mm t/b and egr spacer for 50.00 bucks.He decided to keep it so I asked him about a n2o kit he had.He paid 400.00 for it new from a guy and used it a handfull of times.He said he could sell it for 200.00 on craigslist so I told him I would give him 200.00 for it.He says Well I wont charge you that much how about 120.00?I was like ok I guess if thats what you want.It is good for up to a :laugh: 150 shot :happyhapp and made by NOS!The bottle still has juice in it to boot.I am pumped up :D and cant wait to spray it.Just thought I would share it with you fellow stangers.Have a great weekend!!!!:wavey

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You just robbed him, is what you did. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a good deal but I heard it will blow my motor.How true is this?I want to start off with a 100 shot or should I go with the 75 first.It is my daily driver so I don't wanna hurt it.Thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'd play it safe and say keep it to 75, especially since it's your daily driver. The stock 5.0 bottom end can handle between a 125 and 150 shot and be fine. There are those paranoid who shout to the roofs that nitrous will blow an engine... nitrous and superchargers can do the same damage, the most important thing is to make sure the tune is dead on when using either. Usually what happens is they put in a 75 shot and tune it... feels good... get used to it and want more. Put in the 100... still feels good. Let's swing for the fence, put in the 150 shot... all the while not tuning for the added nitrous or backing down the timing correctly, especially when it's so easy to switch a jet, and then they blow it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Dont even waste your time with that kit all its gonna do is blow your motor.

How about I help you out and take it off your hands. I will give you the 200.00 for it.

Hey I'm just trying to do YOU a favor LOL...

·
Registered
506 Posts
think that good? i just gave my friend a super power shot system by NOS, 150 shot, everything but the bottle for free! why? cuz we put it on in a garage with a propane heater with no ventilation. i was thinking straight. however, we always help each other out when we need to work on our cars. he was in a bad time then too, so i did what i could to help him out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts