Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIVERBURNER? friggin last time I blindly let things autocorrect...

My older brother drives a civic si. It's pretty nice for what it is. I drive it now and then when I get to visit him, and it's got some nice pull when it gets to about 7k...

Anyway, my brother has driven my car before, before I got the CAI for it. He kept it fairly modest, but now and then he would do things that left me with a "what the hell is wrong with you" expression on my face. Mostly with neglecting the fact that he is driving a RWD car and digging into the throttle a little too much on on a wet road or where there's a bit of loose gravel on the road.

Well, I put the race tune on, and he gets in and guns it. He actually had to let off because he wasn't expecting it to behave like it did. He drives around a bit until we come across a new 5.0.

So what does his ricer ass do? Tailgate it and rev my engine at the vehicle with a 100+ hp advantage on the same chassis.

I swear, that VTEC is frying his brain...

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Lol! It's that VTec thing. It's like venereal disease. I had a 06-current style Civic Si rev on me a few weeks back. Had the pillar gauges and requisite fart cannon with his three buddies in the remaining seats. I'm thinking...What's he thinking? He's giving up the only thing he has going for him with the extra clowns in the clown car. Rolling along I can tell he's waiting for his V tec to get into the RPM range where the cams purr deeper. It didn't help him.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno, man. back when I drove my v6(with a CAI and tune), we raced once. I took him from a dig every time, just buried him there. From a roll it was a little closer, but still...

My didn't get butthurt and make excuses, other than "I can make my car fast for so cheap"...

But he's looking at getting rid of it.

It is nice that his car a sedan, though...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
"Extra clowns in the clown car"? That got a laugh. Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gotta say though. The worst are by far the cavalier/cobalt drivers.

They're Camaro owners but with half the brain/cylinders...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Some of those Cobalts are pretty quick! I had one hang with me up to 120, but hey I've got a VTEC too, well.. Ti-VCT.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yeah my buddy at work has an 07-08 SI coupe. Before I got the stang he talked up that thing every single day. Telling me how he beats all these cars. The list includes, many mustangs and camaros, 350zs, and more. And he had the balls to tell me he hung with a GTR for a while. I told him, yeah, until the GTR owner didn't want you to any more. So I agree it must be that Vtec!:yup:

Anyway he said he'd kill my GT if I did a roll race at 35mphish. Well, I've had it since March 12th. And he still hasn't found the time to race me. :laugh:

But he's a cool guy. Thinking about getting an STI. Pretty sure he'll have some time for me then. :gringreen

·
Registered
66 Posts

I have to agree with you, and my previous car was a Cobalt SS!

I couldn't hang out with other Cobalt drivers without at least one cringe-worthy moment occurring each time. Gah, most of them were such IDIOTS!

·
Registered
568 Posts

Unless we're just keeping it to 4-bangers...look out for Acura TL drivers too. They think that 280hp 6-er suddenly means they're driving a sports car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I never start anything at the red light its always the other person lol. I haven't had the pleasure of burning a ricer. It's been like 3 Mustangs 05-09 and a GTO thought he was so cool on the freeway until I left him. Lol. I know what I can take and I know what I can't lol.

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
RIVERBURNER? friggin last time I blindly let things autocorrect......
ha ha, LOL, that is the funniest part of this thread (though the rest is pretty good too) --- what spell check dictionary has the word "riverburner" in it? :yelwacko:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts