Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

About 1.5 weeks ago I brought a 2001 Mustang V6. And I now notice the dial that say how hot it is goes to the half mark. I drive about 2-3 mins and it is a that point. I wonder if anyone can tell me if that is normal or not? Thanks...

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah, that's about right, if it's overheating the gauge will move to the far right

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
First off you are in the wrong section this is for the GT guys 4.6L.

Second I can not tell what the heck you said in that. So I am going to guess at what you said......after driving the car for a few mins the needle on the temp gauge goes halfway up?

Here is my question for you and I think you can figure the rest out.....once the car reaches operating temp does it stay in one spot??? or does it keep rising??? Look at your temp gauge you got cold and hot does it ever get to the red on the right side or really close to it?

Your temp gauge should be around the middle once your car hits operating temp and it should stay there till you shut the car off and it cools.....if your getting any flucuation of the needle that you can notice really easy it shouldn't be normal and like I stated if it is getting towards the hot side than your running above operating temps which can damage your motor.

Hope this helps you but if you got furture questions take it to the section you should be in they can help you more!

·
Registered
288 Posts
probably nothing bro. you might try burping the cooling system just to be safe if you like though. open the radiator, start the car, and fill it up as its running

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Hello:

About 1.5 weeks ago I brought a 2001 Mustang V6. And I now notice the dial that say how hot it is goes to the half mark. I drive about 2-3 mins and it is a that point. I wonder if anyone can tell me if that is normal or not? Thanks...
Sounds normal, as long as it doesn't go much above that halfway mark. Also remember, you're in LA and it is officially summer here, so it shouldn't take long for your car's engine to warm up to the temp that it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts