1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Why didn't they make cool toys like this when I was little?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Why didn't they make cool toys like this when I was little?
They did, but they were made of wood and they propelled with your feet :bounce2: Oh to be 5 again!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
mrvandermey said:
I wonder what what mods are available for it? Maybe a supercarger, ya think?
We had superchargers for our peddal cars, too...it was called Kool-Aid with a side of twinkies.:blowingup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
There is a mod available, you can get rubber traction bands that stretch around the rear tires so they don't spin out all the time, doesn't enhance the already blistering performance but does save you from having to give it a shove when it's stuck.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
myltlpny said:
We had superchargers for our peddal cars, too...it was called Kool-Aid with a side of twinkies.:blowingup:
Nah, pixi-stix with those wax bottles filled with?:bounce2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put one of those together yesterday.

It is quite realistic: it even has a Shaker radio that plays prerecorded music. There was quite a bit of assembly required, mostly screws. I just need to put the stickers on and charge the battery, and it will be ready to go for my grandson's fourth birthday on Halloween.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Damn! If only I was 5 or younger again... All my sisters and I had to share was a pink barbie corvette. Though it was pink, that thing was still awesome!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Hmmm do I spy a Christmas gift idea in our family?
That is too cool!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thats sweet!!
My kids 7 now, and has a silverado at my house, and a buggy at my Xwifes house. Hes grown out of them this year, he would love that.
Hes got a few mustang remote cars. We had one with us tailgating at the White Sox game Sunday

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Heck, I might get one for myself... :D
Talk about toys from the old days, My dad just gave me a coffee can with a few rocks in it and I was in heven... hahaha the more noise I made the better...

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is SO adorable... Gotta love the Redfire! :shigrin

Lucky kid! I would have done heavy chores for a year for one of those!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hmm...investment?? Reminds me of the pedal cars they used to buy that looked like a 65/66 convertible. Those things are worth major bucks now! (you can still buy aftermarket remakes for $250, but what fun is that?!)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MD07GT said:
It is quite realistic: it even has a Shaker radio that plays prerecorded music. There was quite a bit of assembly required, mostly screws. I just need to put the stickers on and charge the battery, and it will be ready to go for my grandson's fourth birthday on Halloween.
it would be even cooler if they had made the center fogs work...:eyepoppin

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Too bad the speedo only goes to 120 ft per second. My kid knows the GT should have a 140 speedo!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not my kid...

GTNOS said:
im sure he'll love it almost as much as daddy's 'mass-stang" :hihi:
... he wants the real thing!

My soon to be teenager is asking, "Hey dad, when do I get to drive the Mustang?"

I'm looking for a really big parking lot without light poles. He did drive racing karts for awhile (a bit too fast I might add). Wait till he finds out about the valet tune I got from Bamachips. 25 mph, 2500 rpm max. Ha ha, kid. Now, go do your homework.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
twgonder said:
... he wants the real thing!

My soon to be teenager is asking, "Hey dad, when do I get to drive the Mustang?"

I'm looking for a really big parking lot without light poles. He did drive racing karts for awhile (a bit too fast I might add). Wait till he finds out about the valet tune I got from Bamachips. 25 mph, 2500 rpm max. Ha ha, kid. Now, go do your homework.
crap, I think I can only adjust mine to 60 mph, and 3000 rpms

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i had a ****** flinstones car that had to be moved by running... so lame for a toddler.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts