Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I make my down payment for an '05 GT in March, realizing that due to it's populairity, I would probably be stuck waiting for an '06. Which turned out to be the case. So now it is November, and I am being told it will be January until I can even get it. Now I realize I live in nowhere's-ville Montana, and allocations are slim and far between. But the dealership says that they can't get any new manual transmissions until January. :eyebulge: What the hell is up with that. I placed an order and thought it should be built. My only delima is that I have it at a good price if I wait. But I'm tired of waiting and getting the run around. Anybody else hear of dealerships not getting manuals for a while? And suggestions or ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you have to do some research.Did you give a deposit and for how much?

I would go into the dealership and ask them to show you the order they placed for you,if they have not placed your order because of there allocation I would ask where you are in the list they are working from. At that point you may find out the order has not been placed and wont be placed andyou should move on to find a car on some ones lot.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
monk99 said:
So I make my down payment for an '05 GT in March, realizing that due to it's populairity, I would probably be stuck waiting for an '06. Which turned out to be the case. So now it is November, and I am being told it will be January until I can even get it. Now I realize I live in nowhere's-ville Montana, and allocations are slim and far between. But the dealership says that they can't get any new manual transmissions until January. :eyebulge: What the hell is up with that. I placed an order and thought it should be built. My only delima is that I have it at a good price if I wait. But I'm tired of waiting and getting the run around. Anybody else hear of dealerships not getting manuals for a while? And suggestions or ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated.
It's the commodity thing, has to do with the zone you are in, among other factors, I was passed over twice because of a manual tranny shortage There was a bulletin put out giving manuals and other options a medium status, meaning they might hold up production.. Only two options, wait it out, or find a dealer with high allocations, one of them is Yeomans in Florida, do a search on him, or he should be in the classifieds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The order was placed, so I know that wasn't the issue. I was supposed to be the next Mustang they get before I was told about the wait this weekend. I am starting to look at places with more allocations, but my only problem with that is all the extra $$$ to fly down, pick it up, drive how many ever thousand miles to get it here, ect. Or even the price to have it shipped up will be rather hefty. So it sounds like my best bet is to wait. Thanks for info!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
monk99 said:
The order was placed, so I know that wasn't the issue. I was supposed to be the next Mustang they get before I was told about the wait this weekend. I am starting to look at places with more allocations, but my only problem with that is all the extra $$$ to fly down, pick it up, drive how many ever thousand miles to get it here, ect. Or even the price to have it shipped up will be rather hefty. So it sounds like my best bet is to wait. Thanks for info!
I definately feel your pain! see my sig, my dealer ran out of allocations before mine got filled. Good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
monk99 said:
Or even the price to have it shipped up will be rather hefty. So it sounds like my best bet is to wait. Thanks for info!
I see (well, I see on eBay, I should say) that the cost to ship a car is generally something around 500 to 800 dollars...I mean, it's a decent sum of money, but it all depends how tired of waiting you are...
If I was in your shoes, I would be ready to explode by now and probably I would be looking around to find a car somewhere else: so if shipping cost is your concern, they are pretty reasonable I would say.

Well, in any case, good luck !

·
Registered
897 Posts
WOW:shocked:

And I found it hard waiting 5 weeks.
I would have gone postal a long time ago.
Best of luck.

Ordered March 7th, 2005
Received April 14th, 2005

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friends and family know it's a touchy subject with me right now, so they don't talk about the car to me. My only small bit of sanity now is knowing that I won't be driving it until spring anyway. I guess it's just that much less time sitting in the garage.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
340 Posts
It won't make things any easier but I waited 5 months for my 05 ordered back in November of 04! Bottom line is it was worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK and an extra dose of patience!:eyebulge:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Wait it out. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dude, you will pay about $175 - $200 dollars for a "coutesy delivery" if you buy from Carlos at Yoemans. And that is what your local dealer gets Not them. Stop belly aching and get off you a** and do something for yourself. I see you were already told this above. That is why I am on your case.

I KNOW for a fact this is true. Do it. :sterb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
monk99 said:
My friends and family know it's a touchy subject with me right now, so they don't talk about the car to me. My only small bit of sanity now is knowing that I won't be driving it until spring anyway. I guess it's just that much less time sitting in the garage.:rolleyes:
been there/done that/got the car/well almost...

dont make the same mistake I did first time around and get too obsessed with this car. Yeah, I'm as excited as ever waiting for the new one, but in the meantime, life goes on...something about this car though can really really grab hold of you...about time somebody finally built a car that LOOKED AND PERFORMED like everyone always wanted, but the drought of beautiful cars the last 20-30 years or so has made this car highly addictive. from all ive heard and read, it might well be the best car ever in its pricerange- and above :)
heres a link to my wake up call if youre bored:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=20966&view=findpost&p=248597

If your dealer cant get you a vin by friday, call florida- vins are issued thursday and if they really want your sale/give a darn about your patience, they can pester the regional guy to get after it...if not its really not worth it. good luck in whichever way you go- everyone says 'the car was worth the wait' no matter how long they waited.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gwinnett Place Ford

Get the phone# off of Ford website.....
I am sure if you call them you can get any GT at close to INVOICE...
I called them and they will take X-Plan with any of the 30 GTs on their lot.....
They have so many and most other dealers have not seen any.
So call them and get a GT at Invoice and have it shipped to yea at around $600 and still save around $2000...JohnnyT

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think i've been had

i have been following this website for a year now and this is my first reply.
ordered a new 05 gt on jan. 7 of 2005 and was told 3 month wait, no problem i say. after waiting for 6 months and told several reasons why it was not here yet i did an internet search of all the dealers in a 150 mile radius of my home. found 3 that were very close to what i ordered. had to be a stick shift. contacted all 3 dealers and made appointments to see them. and ended up buying one of them. you do have choices in what you can do. went back to my dealer and said i already bought one and wanted my deposit back. they gave it to me with no problems on the spot. by the way it has now been 11 months since i ordered that car and they still have not recieved it. i am glad i did not wait any longer. and i am very happy with the one i got. 49 going on 18 again:eyebulge: :happyhapp :laughlitt

2005 gt premium
mineral grey,iup,stick shift,upgraded wheels,leather int.

·
Registered
167 Posts
mrb said:
ordered a new 05 gt on jan. 7 of 2005 and was told 3 month wait, no problem i say. after waiting for 6 months and told several reasons why it was not here yet i did an internet search of all the dealers in a 150 mile radius of my home. found 3 that were very close to what i ordered. had to be a stick shift. contacted all 3 dealers and made appointments to see them. and ended up buying one of them. you do have choices in what you can do. went back to my dealer and said i already bought one and wanted my deposit back. they gave it to me with no problems on the spot. by the way it has now been 11 months since i ordered that car and they still have not recieved it. i am glad i did not wait any longer. and i am very happy with the one i got. 49 going on 18 again:eyebulge: :happyhapp :laughlitt

2005 gt premium
Basically the same thing that happened to me !
I did a search in MA, RI and NH and I found two (I wanted one with IUP (remember those darn delays for it, back in early 05?), auto, side airbags and active anti theft, #1 choice was Legend Lime and then WB or SB)...one was a Redfire, the other LL...I called the dealership and they confirmed it was on sale for MSRP (at the time in MA, all GT's had a markup, from 2k to 5k...) and the same day I battled a huge Nor'eastern to get there with a darn Dodge Stratus rental...when I got in there, they probably thought I was on crack seen I was so excited about it.

But I must admit that the aggravation of the whole ordeal was finally worth it...
I love my GT soooooo much !!! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just so nobody thinks I havn't done anything but wait, I am on the phone, internet, ect. on a daily basis. But I can't just do a quick search for what is in my area. Like I said, I'm in Montana! It takes a 12 hour drive just to reach the other side of this state. And I'm surrounded by Canada, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Not exactly a grouping of big cities. I have found what I want on the west coast. If it doesn't sell in the next few hours before I can get ahold of them, then I will probably have it by the end of the week. I've got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought mine (paid msrp) sight unseen 1000 miles away. They delivered it to my home free of charge, but it took about 2 1/2 weeks. By the time you fed-ex the paperwork back and forth, notarize the docs, a couple of weeks will have passed...no big deal since you already waited how long?:cool:

·
Registered
186 Posts
mrb said:

2005 gt premium
Think that happened to many people,,,,I would still be waiting at C/U if I didnot get mine on laborday..
Funny there are still many dealers that have plentry in stock but most don't have any.....JohnnyT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got one

:wavey Hey all, New Member Here, Ordered my Vista Blue GT In August,

Dealer said would be here end of October. Called me Two weeks later,

Said there was a delay because I ordered the 18" Bullits, got the car

the 3rd of November. It Rips:eyebulge:

Vista Blue
5 Speed
Dark Charcoal
Side air bags
Interior upgrade
MSRP
Ordered Steeda Front Splitter
Thinking about a Ghost set of Lemans Stripes?

Blu No More:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts