Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to see how my mpg is over two days since having my brenspeed tune. I'm at around 15mpg and i'm not driving it like a mad man. I swore i was around 16 or a bit more before that. Is it because it so hot and the AC is running or what?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Could be heat plus A/C. I got a tune and there is no difference between the 87 and 93. It just depends.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotcha...it has been crazy hot.

Is it pretty common to try out a 93 oct tune from one company and try out a 93 oct from another company for comparison?

·
Registered
33 Posts
its deffinatly the AC, that boggs down the engine causeing it to work harder witch causes ur loss in MPG's you will see more of a difference on a cool week or so

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
gotcha...it has been crazy hot.

Is it pretty common to try out a 93 oct tune from one company and try out a 93 oct from another company for comparison?
There are all types of tunes depending on what you are looking for.
I have a Powerhouse CAI that only Powerhouse has tunes for as far as I know so that isn't an option for me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess i thought i would feel more torque...i only feel the power when i put the pedal down like i mean it. Dont get me wrong it is a lot of fun in 2nd gear or around 4k rps. Just thought the car would be a bit more peppy on the low end. And i could just go around driving it hard and having fun but i would have about 13mpgs if i did it that way.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I get an average of 21, but I also have UDP's.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well that is something to put on the list for the future.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I decided to see how my mpg is over two days since having my brenspeed tune. I'm at around 15mpg and i'm not driving it like a mad man. I swore i was around 16 or a bit more before that. Is it because it so hot and the AC is running or what?
I thought for sure my mileage would go down simply because I changed the rear gear, added headers and CAI at the same time. I got the package from Ford Racing and was shocked I was averaging 20.3 with a 35 MPH average. It does go down in the extreem weather conditions. In the winter, t spends a lot of time warming up!!! In the summer (I don't run air much), I think it's the air temp, not fore sure. BTW, the sticker they put under the hood says "Brenspeed"

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rowdy...you lost me with the last line. The sticker they put under the hood says brenspeed?

·
Registered
379 Posts
rowdy...you lost me with the last line. The sticker they put under the hood says brenspeed?
Sure does, I bought the 'Drag Pack' from Ford Racing in March of 2006. It came with a machined CAI, headers, and choice of rear gear. And of course, a new tune. The sticker that was placed under the hood of my car has a tune identification number on it, and it is from Brenspeed. To be specific, the sticker is a Ford Racing Sticker (has logo) and the written number of the tune installed says "Brenspeed ......."

·
Registered
379 Posts
After dealing directly with Ford Racing, I won't do anything else but. The support, warranty, documentation, etc... They rock and roll. A good majority of my suspension system is built by Dynamic Suspensions, not a "commercial" outfit with a "shop" or "add to cart" button on the web site. People are weird about it too, they don't get anything from them and then they rave about the 'track pack'. You could get the track pack from Ford Racing long before it was an option. Another example, guys with new 2011s are already buying tuners and springs. Yet, they rave about the rumored RTR option that will come out for the 2011. The suspension option WILL be available from Ford Racing with a custom ECS tune, just like the RTR car. Where do these folks think these options come from. Shop for your mods!!!!!! I've been offered 22k for 06 (I won't sell it), holds more weight than "I put XYZ springs on it from Jerry's garage"

Done ranting now! LMAO

·
Registered
442 Posts
i got my tune from brenspeed and havent seen much of a change in mpg's i average the same as before the tunner.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Pootie, what kind of temps are you having out your way? It's been in the 90's about every day for awhile, and I'm getting 24 mpg with my Brenspeed tune, BUT I'm driving a manual with the 3.31 rear end on the highway.

Did you buy the tuner from them as well? If so, look and see if you got a 91 octane tune with it. I tried the 87 and 93 tunes and liked them, but they weren't what I really expected after all the hype. However, I popped in the 91 tune (while still running 93 gas), and for some unknown reason my car LOVED it. Completely different feel from the other two tunes. Must have been developed on a different car, one closer to my own.

~HA

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh it has been in the high 90s right now, which sucks enough that i'm burning my hand on my shifter ever time i go out to my car. I need to limo tint my glass roof asap.

Yeah i have a manual tranny and i decided that i would reset the tracking of the mpgs. Last night i drove to the gas station and it was cooler out and this morning i just drove to get some food and to work which wasnt far or in heavy traffic and my mpgs seem so low. I'm heading to FL at the end of the month and will reset it again on the way down....just kinda perplexed.

Yes i bought the tuner directly from brenspeed. I'm running 93 right now, but maybe i'll try the 91 tune on the 93 gas. That is worth a shot for sure. Thanks for the comment :bigthumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.