Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can soneone just give me a link or url thing that has some more info on the IAC restrictor plates. I think im going to need one on my 03 Mach and just want to make sure it wont effect anything else, or mess anthing up. Just like to do a little research first.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I bought one for my cousin's 97 GT because he wanted it to shift like his old 80's Mustang.

All the restrictor does is make the hole smaller for the IAC (inlet air control) valve supply so that the computer can only control idle and not keep the rpms up during shifts.

It works, doesn't throw any codes or affect gas mileage. You could make your own with gasket material and just experiment with different sized holes.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
like mentioned above all you need is some gasket paper and make your own. its a very simple procedure.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just take a 1/2" copper pipe plug and drill a hole in it. Then stick it in the rubber line going into the IAC valve, no messing with gaskets screws etc etc. 10 second install. Just buy a handfull so you can drill different sizes to work for you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I hope reviving an old thread doesn't bother anyone but I just wanted to post my complete joy after performing this IAC restrictor mod. I cut mine out of thin steel sheet metal and ended up starting at a 1/4" hole, thinking I would need to up it to 9/32" or more, but it turned out 1/4" was about perfect. Holds a nice idle, rpms drop perfectly for my shifting speed, and to my suprise it seems to have resolved a warm-start issue I've been having. We'll see if it has any effect on gas mileage or anything else, but so far so good and I can truly enjoy in-town driving now :bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts