Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a wideband A/F gauge and I plan to buy the A-Pillar gauge pod. I can only buy the pod with 2 or 3 holes. I have a manual transmission so I have no need for trans. temp gauge. I do not plan on S/C so I am not interested in fuel psi.

I seek advice from my fellow stangers for a gauge that would be useful and not one just to fill up another hole in the pod. I think I may have to get a junk gauge just to fill the extra hole!

I have the IUP so I have the digital display in the cluster to cover some things like the vacuum readout thing and then of course I have the four gauges in the cluster, oil,water, battery,fuel level.

What do you suggest?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Get an N20 pressure guage. Then you'll have a reason to get nitrous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5twenty said:
Get N20 pressure guage. Then you'll have a reason to get nitrous.
:drink: good one.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
What about a voltmeter - cheap and easy to hook up.

or a true oil pressure gauge instead of the built in one that is basically like a light (all or nothing)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Steven6095 said:
What about a voltmeter - cheap and easy to hook up.

or a true oil pressure gauge instead of the built in one that is basically like a light (all or nothing)
I have heard that about the oil gauge and was thinking the same thing. I plan to get the Meziere electric H2O pump so maybe ("time remaining") on the battery gauge would be nice....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,106 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
I have the IUP so I have the digital display in the cluster to cover some things like the vacuum readout thing and then of course I have the four gauges in the cluster, oil,water, battery,fuel level.
My Dad always has bemoaned the fact that cars don't have manifold pressure or oil level [volume] gauges. Although nitrous pressure would be nice too.... I'll be dam'd! You can get three gauges per pod! Problem solved. Get all three.

Then get nitrous.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
I bought a wideband A/F gauge and I plan to buy the A-Pillar gauge pod. I can only buy the pod with 2 or 3 holes. I have a manual transmission so I have no need for trans. temp gauge. I do not plan on S/C so I am not interested in fuel psi.

I seek advice from my fellow stangers for a gauge that would be useful and not one just to fill up another hole in the pod. I think I may have to get a junk gauge just to fill the extra hole!

I have the IUP so I have the digital display in the cluster to cover some things like the vacuum readout thing and then of course I have the four gauges in the cluster, oil,water, battery,fuel level.

What do you suggest?
Gig4Fun,

Where did you get your and does it match your grey interior?

Oh yea and if you don't mind, please post some photos when you get it installed.

Billy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
I have an EH2O pump so my 2nd gauge was a water temp. As for the gauge pod itself, I went with the SOS pod.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
hawgman said:
I have an EH2O pump so my 2nd gauge was a water temp. As for the gauge pod itself, I went with the SOS pod.
Thanks, that looks good!

What is that thing with the red cap on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Raptor performance shift light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
What about oil temp, or exh temp???

Here is my guage setup. Uses Autometer triple pod.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Oil Temperature and oil pressure are the two most important items on non supercharged engines I would think.!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top