Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry im kind of new at this so im not sure if im putting it into the right place but!
I want more BASS in my Shaker 500 Sound System. I already put the iPod adapter from best buy in there and i want to be able to put an Infinity BassLink system in the back. Would this be possible if so any suggestions on where i can get this done?

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
193 Posts
An infinity Basslink system should work well. It's a very versatile set-up. Just remember to not to hook it up to your factory amp, in fear of blowing it. Other than that, it should work real well. Good Luck

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well there are two routes you can go. The best way in my opinion is to run RCA's off of the head unit(if the shaker 500 head unit has RCA outs), into an amp. Run your power and remote(make sure you run RCA's and power/remote on opposite sides of the car). And power it that way. The other option is if there is no RCA's, you have to run high inputs off of your rear speakers into an amp with high inputs. Power and remote are run the same way. Running the amp off the high inputs isn't the preferred way but if that's the only option I guess you'd have to go with it. Either way isn't that hard if you're mechanically inclined at all. Good luck!

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can also check to see if your car has the plug for the Shaker 1000 in the back... If so, you can actually make yourself an RCA off of it because that should be a signal level out from the Shaker 500 deck in the Shaker 1000 harness that is in the trunk.

Just don't ask me for the color coding of the wires in the harness because I haven't a clue!

·
Registered
3 Posts
easy bass upgrade shaker 500

I sure did my homework beforehand because I wanted an easy install. I put 2 10" punch series 1 subs in a sealed box, both from crutchfield, and a sony 1200 watt amp in the trunk. The box fits right up against the rear seats, and the amp fits in the right rear corner. The easy part was the amp gets its signal from the rear deck speakers, but also gets the remote turn on from the speakers. All you have to do is run power to the battery. The sound really thumps, looks good, and I spent more time researching than the install took.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The easy part was the amp gets its signal from the rear deck speakers, but also gets the remote turn on from the speakers.
That's high input. I've never heard of pulling the remote lead from the speaker. But if it works it has to be easier than running it off of a power wire up front that's only on when the head units on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never heard of that either. Does that really work? I remember installing an amp to a factory altima stereo and I had to tap a wire up front on the headunit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
options for amps, easy install

I've come across 2 amp that have the remote turnon though the speaker leads. MTX has a Jackhammer series that call it a "smart engage. The one I used is the Sony Explode , and they call their's a "High level sensing turn on". I haven't personally tried the MTX , but I looking for an amp to put in my step daughters 05 Saturn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.