Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some new suspension. I found a package at http://v6mustangstuff.com/Suspension.htm. Would that Bullit handling kit be good? I have a 99 v6 if that matters. Also, what do u think the labor would be and who should I have install it? If this isnt a good kit then what should I get? One more thing..do struts ever need to be replaced? If so then when? Thank U!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Red99Stang said:
I want to get some new suspension. I found a package at http://v6mustangstuff.com/Suspension.htm. Would that Bullit handling kit be good? I have a 99 v6 if that matters. Also, what do u think the labor would be and who should I have install it? If this isnt a good kit then what should I get? One more thing..do struts ever need to be replaced? If so then when? Thank U!
yeah, it's ok, but it depends on what your budget is.

labor depends on market.

yes, struts need to be replaced. When you push on the front of the car and it bounces more than once, they should be replaced.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I let you know before Red99 that your struts and shocks were in pretty bad shape when I test drove your car. If you can find them in a package it will save you alot of money then piecing together one. Usually the bullit kit retails for $399.99 from most major retailers. Research before you buyand you could find a better deal in some other stores online as well.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I have the kit that you are interested in on my car and I love it! Made a big difference. I only wish the drop was a little more dramatic. Other than that, I'm thrilled. Install it yourself, its really not that hard as long as you have some tools.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Lee I know that you told me, I was just wondering what everyone else would say. So monkey boy...you like that package? I think I'm gonna look into getting it. If I got that package and I wanted a more dramatic drop (like monkey boy) is there something else I could get to make it lower or would that defeat the purpose of getting that package?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Red99Stang said:
Yeah Lee I know that you told me, I was just wondering what everyone else would say. So monkey boy...you like that package? I think I'm gonna look into getting it. If I got that package and I wanted a more dramatic drop (like monkey boy) is there something else I could get to make it lower or would that defeat the purpose of getting that package?
you could go with a Steeda Package, or something from Eibach.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are those more or less expensive? And do they come in packages? I think I'll just get this one and not worry about anything else cuz I already know where to get it and everything. Is that a bad idea though...will I not notice any change?

kscoyote said:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
kits from steeda are going to be a little more expensive.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
kscoyote said:
My problem with the Steeda package is that it doesn't replace the shocks and struts. Their springs are great, though.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
My problem with the Steeda package is that it doesn't replace the shocks and struts. Their springs are great, though.
they also offer revalved shocks & struts . .. or you could use shocks/struts for the 87-93 GT which are shorter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.