Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to change my interior from grey to black or red leather. any websites would be helpful

·
Registered
287 Posts
are you talking all panels and seats, and carpet? or just certain areas?

www.50resto.com sells the spray die/paint for the vinyl and hard plastics. I have heard mixed results with trying to spray the leather vinyl parts, but it works goog for the hard plastics. If you are doing the carpet, you could get a really big container and dye your carpet black, going to red would probally require a new carpet or one out of a donor car. Heck post a craig's list add someone may want to swap you their interior for your interior.

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
one of the best things i ever did was replace my tan cloth seats with blk leather takeoffs. i would really like to replace my entire interior with blk, but would cost a fortune :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you talking all panels and seats, and carpet? or just certain areas?

www.50resto.com sells the spray die/paint for the vinyl and hard plastics. I have heard mixed results with trying to spray the leather vinyl parts, but it works goog for the hard plastics. If you are doing the carpet, you could get a really big container and dye your carpet black, going to red would probally require a new carpet or one out of a donor car. Heck post a craig's list add someone may want to swap you their interior for your interior.
That sounds like a good idea. I'm tired of grey lol

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one of the best things i ever did was replace my tan cloth seats with blk leather takeoffs. i would really like to replace my entire interior with blk, but would cost a fortune :)
Where did you get the takeoff seats from?

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Where did you get the takeoff seats from?
all you get is the covers, its not too bad of a job to change them.( like a all day sat project) i got them from V6mustangstuff a long time ago..if you look around you might find some on ebay or other forums but you`ll have to search. all i`m seing there is the blk cloth covers at v6m

Mustang Takeoff Parts at V6MustangStuff.com

i`m not seeing any more 05-09 leather covers, but you can get the newer 10-11 leather here

2011 OE Ford Mustang Leather Kit fits 2005-2011 | NewTakeOff.com

·
Registered
287 Posts
That sounds like a good idea. I'm tired of grey lol

Mustang Interior Lacquer Spray Paint at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Here is about every color you can think of...it's not listed for your specific mustang, but you can still spray the hard plastics with it. they have the stuff for the soft vinyl too. I'd recommend calling them to see how much you would need. I ordered the charcoal grey for my car and I think I needed 6 or 7 for a 1990 mustang for the platics.

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heres the tan int with blk seats. a little mix-matched but better then the tan seats, and way better then the cloth, imo :)
the black leather looks nice. ill check the website out now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.